Radiobutton, _raw or not _raw ?

dranreb_38

Hi all.
I use condition on radiobutton value (0/1) for both element validation condition and form email condition.
I dont understand why behaviour is not the same in both cases (for the same radiobutton).

When in element validation condition, I use : return '{tablename___elementname}' == '0'; and it works, ('{tablename___elementname}' renders the value in this case).

When in form email condition, I have to use : return '{tablename___elementname_raw}' == '0'; to get the same result... ('{tablename___elementname}' renders the label in this case, and not the value...)

Strange , isn't it ? Or did I miss something in the raw mechanism ?
Dran

if you want to use the value you should use _raw. Maybe there's an issue with the validation.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

On the whole, as Troester says, _raw should get you the value, and non _raw the label.

However, the behaviour isn't 100% consistent. During validation, it relies on individual elements handling the "replace data with labels" correctly (remembering that the form actually submits the value, the "label" has to be derived from it) and I think some elements may not do that. So sometimes it's a case of "whatever works".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back