Rating element not working

I'm running J 3.2, F 3.1 rc2 with latest github update installed. I don't have any 3rd party template installed--just running the default Joomla template.

The rating element plugin is installed and enabled. I've checked the permissions on the files and they're OK.

The plugin appears in the detail view and the list view. It appears in the form if I check that option. It's possible to select a rating, but nothing is saved in the database.

I do have a question about the element when it does work. What information is recorded in the database? Rating and userid? How are they stored in the DB?

Looking at this now. The plugin creates it's own metadata table, #__fabrik_ratings, which records the user id, list id, form id, element id, rating and date. We then query that table when rendering the element, to work out the average rating for that list / form / element.

I'm seeing an issue, whereby the rating data is getting entered into that table, but the query we use to build the average rating when displaying the element isn't returning anything.

Working on it ...

-- hugh

Thanks for checking it out. I've updated but it's still not working. Detail view doesn't update the average and doesn't retain the rating. Now the form won't even load with the rating element published. I've PM'd you with the site URL and logon info if you get a chance to take a look. Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back