Repeat group caused strange behaviour?

Morning everyone, I have a small issue - This is what I have done...

I had a group with a DB join along with a CDD element and field element. I added the ability to repeat the group but it wasn't what I wanted in the end so I removed the repeat group facility.

Now when I look at the plugins on the form it only shows one of the plugins and whichever one I save it shows that plug and hides the other.

Short movie to explain

Also I had a repeat id and datetime element appear so I have deleted them as I don't need them and now I get a mysql error

PHP:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '))' at line 3 SQL=DELETE FROM prescribed_info_331_repeat WHERE parent_id = '10' AND !(`prescribed_info_331_repeat`.`id`IN ())

When I publish those elements the error goes way?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

OK I think I have realised the problem, I upgraded joomla last night and I think this has caused the problem

I have updated fabrik this morning but the problem remains - Any ideas for a fix or time frame for a fix please?

Thanks

Mark

I don't think the SQL error is Joomla.
It's no good idea to switch groups back from repeat, what should happen with your data?

Setting a group to repeat is creating a new DB table x_groupid_repeat (with columns = your elements + parent_id...) and a join in your list x to this table (with id = parent_id)
I assume if setting the group back to non-repeat you must delete this join manually.

Plugins? I don't know, can you see a JS error?

Thanks Troester, I have managed to sort this out - The problem I have now is the plugins not showing properly as in the screencast :)

Plugins: confirmed, seems really to be an issue with J!3.3
We suggest you hold off on updating to Joomla 3.3 until we have had a chance to test it.
See forum topic (but happy about everybody who is testing;))

Hmmm, I thought we'd sorted out the issue with removing the join when setting a group back from repeat to no repeat. Although you will lose any data it had, as the data is no longer in the joined table, rather the fields will get created in the main table. Well, you won't "lose" the data, it'll still be in your database in the foo_XXX_repeat table, it just won't be known to Fabrik any more.

I'm upgrading to J! 3.3 now ... couldn't do it last night, we in the middle of several bug hunts.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh

I used a backup (which I do every night before closing down!) and I have just found a problem when using J! 3.2.3 which I thought was linked to J! 3.3.0 upgrade

I have a group that is faded out and in as the page loads and a radio button is clicked which works great. As soon as I make the group repeatable it breaks this

See here for demo

Any ideas

Thanks

Hmmm, that might not be entirely trivial to fix. I have a fair idea of what's going on, though, and will have a look.

BTW, I think we fixed the multiple form/list plugin thing in the 3.3 update, fix is in github.

-- hugh

I have added some plugins to the list and also tested a few validations and so far I have not had any issues - I'm sure with mor complicated stuff there may be but for me its all dandy!

Thanks guys

The issue was with that old bugbear of having to override the JField class on the backend, to do the repeating plugins. It's a long running saga. Took us years to get J! to accept our pull request to slightly modify JFields to allow for repeating parameter groups ... then somehow they managed to screw up the code change.

Anyway, end result, we still have to slightly modify the J! library class file for any major release number, and put it in our ./administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/XX folder, which then gets loaded by our system plugin. But we kind of (cough cough) forgot to do that the day 3.3 came out. Anyway, there's now a /classes/33/field.php, which has the corrected code change in it. So that'll fix all the repeated plugin issues, for forms, lists, etc.

Now all we need to do is get J! to accept the pull request to fix the bug they introduced. Hoping that won't take another 3 years, and we'll finally be able to stop overriding that class ... which causes problems with things like Kunena ...

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh

Will this fix the repeating group issue I have highlighted above?

Regards

Mark

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk app so please excuse brevity and typing errors :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back