Saving a date with time always 00:00:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterk900

I want to use group by date but the date field always seems to store the current time - which means the group by has separate groups for a given date because each record has a different time. I tried removing the default time format H:i and leaving it blank, which is not accepted, inserting 00:00:00 and also of setting the date format to d-m-Y 00:00:00. This last format correctly displays the date but when I click save, it changes to the current time. Oddly enough when I edit the record, using the same form, the date is saved with a time of 00:00:00 and the record is correctly grouped with all the others of the same date.

What do I need to do to ensure the record has a time of 00:00:00 when first saved ? Thanks

I've got round similar issues by directly editing the date field in the mySQL database, using either phpMyAdmin or Adminer. Just change DateTime to Date. Unfortunately, Fabrik doesn't have separate Date and DateTime plugins for elements. I wonder why not - it would make sense, surely?

Be aware that if you subsequently modify the element from within Fabrik, the field will be reset to DateTime and you'll need to repeat the change to Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back