Scheduled tasks - email plugin - placeholders

I want to send reminders to users daily based on a field in a record. My problem is, this table does not contain an email address for the user, only the user_id.

I've tried using the 'their' placeholder in the To field, but get an error on that. I was using {$their->my_table___user_id->email}.

Assuming the 'their' placeholder can't work in the To field, it seems the only option would be to add an email field (really don't want to do that) or to create a join with the jos_users table which is the only place the user's email exists. But I don't want to make a join in the list as that complicates the list presentation, editing, etc. I could use the jos_users list for emailing, but I don't want it running through that huge list of overall users to send emails to a very small subset of that list.

Is it normal practice with Fabrik applications to create another list that uses the same table as the 'other' list and join it with jos_users. Then only use this joined list version for instances such as this? I haven't done this so far, but it seems plausible.

Is it normal practice with Fabrik applications to create another list that uses the same table as the 'other' list and join it with jos_users. Then only use this joined list version for instances such as this? I haven't done this so far, but it seems plausible.
Yes. You can copy your list, unpublish all elements you don't need (or enable all elements needed, including id!, if you've set Fabrik Option "Unpublish cloned elements" to Yes), add the join to this list, use this list in scheduled task.

Success. Thanks troester. I set Unpublished cloned elements to Yes, copied my list, joined the #__users table, enabled appropriate elements. And success. The schedule task now works as expected. Much appreciated.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back