School Project Site

Pseudodominion

OK, I have been playing with Fabrik and Joomla for a few weeks now. I am trying to build a sort of knowledge management site using these tools. I believe Fabrik can do what I want but I am having difficulty figuring out the best way to do this.

This knowledge base will have 25 schools represented.

Information that needs to be stored and accessed include the following.

Year
Semester
Program name

Enrollmment
  • Total
  • Majors
  • Minors

Teaching Faculty
  • Total Number
  • Tenure track
  • Adjunct/visiting
  • Grad Students

Curriculum
  • Total Credit Hours
  • Core Credit Hours
  • Elective Credit Hours
  • Required Courses
  • Internship Program (yes/no)

Placement Tracking
  • Grad School Enrollment
  • Related Job Placement

All of this information needs to be entered into a list(s). Then there needs to be some sort of form that is basically checkboxes of the information they want to view. For example, they choose the schools they want information on, then choose the major types of information they want about each school like enrollment figures. After selecting the information desired, hit submit and have the custom list displayed.

Is Fabrik capable of this? It appears to be.
If so, what is the best way to attack this problem? One big master list? Lists for each information type? Separate list for each school that has all this information on it?

Then how to build the form for accessing a custom query of the lists? Is this what join is is used for?

Any hints or help in direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Here is a more specific question.

I have, for the most part, decided that making lists based on information type is the best bet for now. Then I want to use the filters for them to aid in searching for what they want. However, I want them to be able to select multiple entries within a field such as "School Name". The only thing that I see coming close is "range" but that ius not exactly what I am after. Is there any way to allow them to designate as many school specific names as they wish?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back