Search Form Flexability

No.
I've tried to edit the file (only adding the /**/, I surely won't do a GitHub update on your site) via your ftp access (PW and user are switched BTW) but this seems not the place where your files are running from.
I don't know which redirects are set on your server and where the files are located.

Edit:
The file is modified, seems I had caching problems because I didn't see it.
So at the moment only
administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\fields\suboptions.js
has the validation removed,
suboptions-min.js is still the old one, I didn't update from GitHub

Until you'll do a complete GitHub update the site will work only with "DebugJS" enabled

Last edited:
Okay I am going to do the FTP update as in the link you gave me. I am a bit confused with the instructions as earlier on it says to download the zip and extract all the files and always upload everything. But a little later on in the instructions it says to upload only the folders
administrator
components
fabrik_build
libraries
media
modules
plugins

but don't upload the fabrik_build folder. What is it do I have to do? Upload the entire contents of the zip or just the folders with the fabrik_build being the only exception.

I'll use your response to the last post on updating from Github for future reference. At the moment the search feature works. Thanks for your time and effort, I do appreciate it. In the future I'll reduce the workload and attempt to do this tedious updates myself. It's just that I really cannot afford a crash right now and prefer to let the experts handle things. But this attitude will change in the near future.

You don't need "fabrik_build" (but it doesn't hurt if it's copied).

Always backup before doing a GitHub update (or doing any Joomla/Fabrik/whatever update in general).

Just to make sure, the changes in the suboptions-min.js is just one line? The other file had so many changes kinda hard to believe it's just one line in this file that scrolls across the page. Looking at the file in my ftp, things look the same as on GitHub. But I'll dig a little deeper just to make sure.

One last thing. I didn't want to start a new thread for this question as it really does fall under the thread subject. I want to create a text form field to search the ID. The ID is an auto_increment in mysql and using the tutorial
Code:
http://fabrikar.com/help/tutorials/details/3/26-creating-a-search-form
to create a search form does not show how to do it for this primary key. Having created the form the first step is to copy the desired element from the original form to the search form. I keep getting the warning message
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Update field structure for `id` from INT(11) AUTO_INCREMENT to INT(11).
[/LIST]
The form field shows but no matter what number I enter it returns the entire list. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Use a simple "field" element with name = id (the name of your list element)

suboptions-min.js: this is a minified file, all code is in one line

I'll use your response to the last post on updating from Github for future reference. At the moment the search feature works. Thanks for your time and effort, I do appreciate it. In the future I'll reduce the workload and attempt to do this tedious updates myself. It's just that I really cannot afford a crash right now and prefer to let the experts handle things. But this attitude will change in the near future.

There is a finite limit to the amount of support we can provide, even on a Pro sub. If you would like fully "managed" support, where we handle the upgrades and updates for you, we'd be happy to quote you for it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back