Separate forms and sheets for different users

Aleistere

Hello, i am looking to create a form for a group of users to insert their own data and view in the user menu afterwards with the possibility to edit the fields and sort them as they wish. But i have ran into a bit of trouble with shared data between all the users who has permissions access to the already registered data, they all can see the data which has been set by others. My question is, how can i make it so that each user have his/her own (or same) form but separate (not shared) data.

example: user1 inserts his name age and country, and it shows in the list for him in the user menu which i added, now user2 does the same thing for his own account but also able to see and modify/delete the entry inserted by user1. I need to make those private and separate from each other.

I am completely new to this great component and have absolutely no idea how to do this, been searching for hours, please advise.

Thanks.

Hi Aleistere,
To show only user data that belongs to your user AND limit their rights to edit and delete only their own content, see below:

You want to be sure to get your edit and delete settings right in the Fabrik Table settings.
help_filter3.png
The arrows point to the general access followed by the specific user access (Use an element from the table where you've stored the user id of whoever created/owns the content/record) for edit and then delete. This way you can set the general access to a level higher than the user, say admin and they can still edit their own records where their id is recorded in the selected element. This way only they can edit or delete their own records.

Limiting what a user sees can be done nicely from the menu item set up. That is, create a menu Item of the type Fabrik List, then go to Options:
help_filter1.png
Use the Options - Prefilter - Select link to set up your filter to show only the active user:
help_filter2.png

Setting {$my->id} as the value. and the element with the owner's id in the Element selection causes a pre-filter limiting what is shown to records where these variables match. All others will not be shown or queried.

-J

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back