Show List element image as photo

jameslam

Hi,

I managed to define a Form element as image and a photo file was uploaded. When using List to show the image element, it came out as a link to the photo.

Can I show photo directly in the List instead of a link to the photo?

If I can give you advice, a picture of normal size may be too large for a list. A thumbmail may be the right solution.
You can use fileupload element by choosing in the configuration "Make a thumbmail of the uploaded image" with a width and/or height and in "display": "link to file" on "yes" and "display in list view" on "yes" and choose the max height and/or max width image.. This is the thumbmail to be displayed in the list and the image will open in a popup by clicking on it.
Personally this is what I use and it works well.

Look at: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/file-upload-element/

Hoping to have answered your question:)

Attachments

• photo-elemnt-display.PNG
    photo-elemnt-display.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 436
  • photo-elemnt-thumbnail.PNG
    photo-elemnt-thumbnail.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 433
  • photo-elemnt-crop.PNG
    photo-elemnt-crop.PNG
    32.4 KB · Views: 436
The difference between your setup and mine is that I have not activated the crop and I have not set the prefix and suffix for thumbnail image. I only specified the width of the image and thumbnail, and nothing for the height. I also chose to show the image in the form without cropping and do not use the ajax upload.
In my opinion this is the cropping option that causes this malfunction.

finally... yes! thank you!!
only thing a bit different is that I can't leave height blank otherwise system will automatically fill it with 100, which caused saving form failure. Tried it with different heights, looks like 80 is okay.

http://demo2.itutor.sg/index.php/fb-tutors
(tutors 7, 8, 9 are with height 26, 60 and 80)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back