Show unique records in list view with grouped items

softforge

Hi
Im sure its a simple thing and done all the time but I cannot get the right settings and so far forum searches have not yielded the answer so I hope someone can point me in the correct direction.

I have a form which has a repeatable group in it. Its a booking forms and the majority on the information is linear but the size of advert, area and date are in a repeat group so they can book more than one against the same details.

In the list view I get as many duplicate entries as I have grouped items plus one... I see whats happening, there is the primary and then all the groups having the same id and date.
I really want to show distinct, so that if I have an entry it shows just the one not one for all the groups as well.
I tried group by but thats not really it.
In the image you see the entry davis cars, its because there is the record and a repeat.
The one with 3 is a record and 2 repeat groups.

I just want to show one for each of them so no date time is shown more than once.
Clicking any takes you to the same record anyway.

How can this be achieved?

Attachments

• listview.png
    listview.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 19
It's pretty simple:
In list settings Data/Joins Displplay Mode select "Merge rows and reduce data"
Make sure that your list is ordered by an element of the "main" part + the main id, e.g.
Company Name - ascending
id - ascending

Indeed it is when you know how... That was the elusive bit... Display mode in the Joins tab in the data area of the list... Merge rows and deduce data
Works like a charm
Thank you

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back