showing the balance outstanding in a column

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcionline

I've managed to use Fabrik to build an event booking system that tracks staged payments against registrants up to an event. I have a table of payments and a table of payers who booked for an event. I want to use Fabrik to get an export of payers and show in a single row for each registrant a. the initial charge, b. the sum of payments and c. the balance outstanding.

Is there a way to do that? this MIGHT be messy but to solve part of the prob, I created a view in MySQL that sums the payments, so I've just joined it to the payers to get a row with all the figures except the balance.

I could hack the php and get the balance figure myself but what I don't know is if the php result on the page would be Fabrik searchable? what's the best approach?

any ideas would be appreciated greatly

the view is an elegant solution
Alternatively to get the sum of each persons payments:

- Join the payers table to the payments table
- Edit the payments element (the one that records the amount of an individual payment)
- Under the "table settings" tab turn on "Sum the column total"
- From the "Split on" drop down select an element that will identify individual users (e.g. the payerid)

From here on it though I think you will need to create a custom table template to show the balance. There are details of how to do this in the docs, and a brief primer by Hugh here
http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=1778.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back