Slideshow Visualization modifications or alternatives?

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I've been trying to get the slideshow visualization to work for a particular need - a simple slideshow 'box' on the main site page that displays a rotating batch of images (in this case song covers) based on some filtering rules.

I was able to get the slideshow to display the images without problem; however, the links to the items won't actually link to the entries in the table (and show a details view). Instead, it 'appears' that they are getting the path messed up a bit.

You can see a sample here:
http://grandmesamusic.com/sample-new-cover

It's taking me to a details page, but it has not data.

The link that is provided is this:
http://grandmesamusic.com/sample-new-cover/details/15/632

The "15" is the proper form for this list.
And there is an item 632 (and it matches the image).

And when using debug, it looks like the data is there. In the 'form:getData from querying rowid= 632 (form not in Mambot and no errors)' area I see:

Code:
Array
(
    [0] => stdClass Object
        (
            [gmm_songs_songs___id] => 632
            [gmm_songs_songs___id_raw] => 632
            [gmm_songs_songs___score_price] => 8.00
            [gmm_songs_songs___score_price_raw] => 8.00
            [gmm_songs_songs___featured] => 1
            [gmm_songs_songs___featured_raw] => 1
            [gmm_songs_songs___typeID_raw] => 1
            [gmm_songs_songs___typeID] => Concert Band
...etc...

So I'm guessing that it's just not 'available' to my customized layout file.
Which is trying to access the elements like this:

PHP:
$gmmSongs = $this->groups['Songs-DISPLAY'];
$gmmSongsElements = $gmmSongs->elements;

$ScorePrice = sprintf("$ %s", $gmmSongsElements['score_price']->element_raw);

$featured = $gmmSongsElements['featured']->value;

$song_type = $gmmSongsElements['typeID']->element_raw;

... etct...

IS this just a wrong syntax in my template?
If so, can someone point me to the proper syntax to grab the data?

ALSO ... does anyone know how to get the slideshow visualization to appear within a module position?
I need to create a slideshow on several other pages (including other extension content pages).

If that's not possible, does anyone know of any slideshow module that will pull images from a table, along with the title and a link (even if I have to manually create links back to the items using a calc element)?

OK ... I've learned even more about Fabrik, and the slideshow visualization, and gotten VERY close to what would be normal functionality for a slideshow (other than the original intention of this visualization - which now understand why it wasn't working form me ... but on to the solutions ... and a new problem).

First, I learned about the ability within an individual element to manually adjust the link that is provided at the list level (and which also applies at the visualization level). By changing to a custom link in the 'title' element to this:
Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=6&rowid={rowid}
(see documentation for this sort of thing here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/element-custom-link-examples/)

I was able to get the title (caption) text to properly link as needed (to the correct detail view form with the proper layout).

Now, the remaining problem, that the image, when clicked, linked to the image itself, and not the entry.
That was solved with the solution here:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/link-from-slideshow-visualization-to-detailsview.40028/
Specifically, changing the model like this:
Simply changed line 235:
$pic_opts['href'] = $slideElement->getStorage()->getFileUrl($k, 0);
to
$pic_opts['href'] = $pic->fabrik_view_url;

I did have another problem with the picture link displaying just like the previous problem (proper form/layout, but the data is not being populated using the code from the custom layout file); however, that was related to an issue with the form being used (which means that THAT might have been the problem in the first place). However, I figure having this documented (all in one place) might help someone else in the future with such an issue.

Now to just get the slideshow into a module position (but I'm going to break that into it's own thread for easier reference).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back