[solved] configuring search form

cap

hi, open a new thread as the other was mixed with other issues

I have built a search form and copied in it some elements of the list
In this copied elements if i enable the filter option (with dropdown) , i don't see in the form the dropdown
For example i did it with a calc element, and i don't see dropdown or other things i choose: i don't see the data that theat elements contains in the list mainly
So i have found a solution, to make these elements od the seacrh form as databasejoin, that would look for value in their corssipondante field in the list
Is it correct or there are better way?

Also
i have placed the search form in the intro of th elist, with a code
Now the redirect plugin (to the list) of the search form seems not the proper choice, as it opens a new window
So what do i have to do instead of the redirect?
Can i have the filtering action without the need of a button,but just after modifications?
thanks

A search form is a form.

Element "List view"/Filters settings are for elements used as list filter in a list. You don't have a list in your case and even if it was a form with a list (e.g. if you would log the search reqeusts) it's not the list you want to filter.

With a search form you are only collecting data.

It's up to you if you want to add a redirect plugin with a link using the data for list URL filtering (more flexible with element names and conditions) or with the "use as search data" = yes (in this case the element names must fit and condition is AND for all data).
https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/

when you say a search form is "to collect data"
ok
i want to collect all records of my table that meet these criteria (to know how many they are)

all the answer= YES at the first question
AND
all the value like "E" in the calc element of the first question

a search form would do that right?
i think so
so maybe i am doing some confusion with terms of list and table and filter and searching as english is not my language, but basically this is what i want to do

So I followed those instrucrions
That way everytime i search and collect datas according to the value i choose for elements, i go to another page
And if i want to do a new data collection i have to go back and do a new filtering
So i choose to put the search form and the output result from the list in same page, using the code to put the search form in the intro text of the list.
Now:
How do i tell the elements i have in the search form what value to search, using a dropdown?
where thes elements collect the data that are in the list? databasejoin?

How do i effectively run the query?
If i don't use the redirect instruction with "use as search data" because it will lead me to another page, what do i use?

Of course if i select more elements for filtering it will be an AND

Sorry but i don t understand what you are telling me.
Please say it different, may be more practically what to do
Thank you

Last edited:
Please see
https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/

and https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/filtering-lists-tables/
How do i tell the elements i have in the search form what value to search, using a dropdown?
In this case you must use a dbjoin element pointing to the element in your list you want to search.
How do i effectively run the query?
With the redirect plugin
It's up to you if you want to add a redirect plugin with a link using the data for list URL filtering (more flexible with element names and conditions) or with the "use as search data" = yes (in this case the element names must fit and condition is AND for all data).
see https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/

If you don't want to or can use the built-in list filter possibilities you must manage the filtering yourself (and you must know what you are doing).

"Use as search data" will do exact filtering on all elements with AND.
If you want to have a more flexible filtering (e.g. the usual non-exact text field filter) you must use the redirect with a query string with conditions.

Fabrik has a lot of possibilities but it's up to you to get it from the WIKI, from the tooltips, from the forum and usually a lot of try-and-error, too.

ok
i have followed the link for building a search form
AND IT WORKS
It does what i ask to do
But the problem is another one
This way when i click on "go" the page where i am it is showing the data collected..and it is fine
but it also opens a new page where it shows the exact replica of the page where i come from
So the search form on top, and the data from table on bottom, just like the page where i start form, but in a popup style
i don't need this new page to open

Are you using the content plugin in the list intro or form + list in an article?
What are your "Module/Content plug-in redirect options" in the redirect plugin?

Are you using the content plugin in the list intro or form + list in an article?
What are your "Module/Content plug-in redirect options" in the redirect plugin?

i have put mysearch form in my table

in the intro text of my table i have
{fabrik view=form id=12} (the search form)

in the search form in the plugin i have the redirect plugin with this address
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=1 (the table list)
with save as data search enabled

i have couple of questions

after a search i want that all the choices i have made for thatsearch remains selected, for example i have searched for "YES"
There is in the redirect plugin option an option that say "reset content" which is suppose to control that..i have disabled..but i did nto get what i want

After a search in the rtraditional filter area appear the name fof the elements i have searched for.
"SEARCH"
Element name
Element content

Is it possible to do not show them?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back