[Solved] Enhanced Dropdowns using jQuery Chosen: Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karilint

Hi,

I'm planning to use the Enhanced Dropdown in an Element.

However, I wasn't able to find anything from the Help but I see the help text "Enhances Dropdown behaviour using jQuery Chosen (similar to Select2), which e.g. provides a search box if there are more than 10 items and provides deletable widgets for multi-select."

So my question is a bit too basic one: how to install jQuery Chosen to J!/Fabrik?

The jQuery Chosen can be found from https://github.com/harvesthq/chosen/releases but do I need to install something else? Or do I just simply install the zipped file via J! Extension Manager?

-Kari

It seems that it does not work. The dropdown performs as a "normal" one. Do I need the to enable the jQuery Chosen somewhere?

Plug-in: databasejoin
Render as: Drop-down
Enhanced Dropdowns: Yes
Or Concat label: {thistable}.field_one , ' - ', {thistable}.field_two
I also have two other Elements with above settings + "Add option in front end": Yes.

I updated from GitHub a week ago. I cleared the browser cashe.

That did the work!
I enabled it in: Fabrik Options/Form/Enhanced Dropdowns.

The help text could be something like: "Enhances Dropdown behaviour using jQuery Chosen (similar to Select2), which e.g. provides a search box if there are more than 10 items and provides deletable widgets for multi-select. To use this functionality, enable it in Fabrik Options/Form/Enhanced Dropdowns."

Thank you troester!
-Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back