[SOLVED] Field Element default value : returned value

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcq

Hi

I have created a field Element in which I'm "inserting" the value of another field in my form a default value.

$training = '{gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule}';
return $training;

It works fine until today, no clue why it isn't working now, but the returned value is :

$training = '{gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule}';

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers,

Marc

Is the "Eval" still set to Yes?

Which element on which form?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, thank you for your reply.

Form is "Cr?er une formation"

Element is :
Nom Formation
?option=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit&id=920

in "Cr?er une formation - Session & tarif"

when eval is set to Yes value which is stored in the database is {gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule}...
when eval is set to No value which is stored in the database is $training = '{gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule}';return $training;

I can't figure out what I have done since it was working well yesterday.

Hugh,

As you can see on the attached picture, in the "Intitul? formation" column, some values that I entered yesterday where correct.

upload_2015-12-15_0-26-14.png

I can't really help till I can display that list, and I don't want to go trying to change anything as I don't know what changes you may be doing atm which are causing that error when displaying the list.

-- hugh

I can't really help till I can display that list, and I don't want to go trying to change anything as I don't know what changes you may be doing atm which are causing that error when displaying the list.

-- hugh

I understand Hugh, strange thing is that I have access to it, and to the form, elements.

Trying to display the list data is throwing the error Hugh is showing.
The element 920 is checked out.
The list view screenshot you are showing seems to be "Inscription formation" not "Creer une formation"...
when eval is set to Yes value which is stored in the database is {gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule}
Seems gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule doesn't exist or is unpublished or not accessible.
when eval is set to No value which is stored in the database is $training = '{gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule}';return $training;
This is exactly what to expect with eval=no (it will return the text).

Last edited:
Trying to display the list data is throwing the error Hugh is showing.
The element 920 is checked out.
The list view screenshot you are showing seems to be "Inscription formation" not "Creer une formation"...
Seems gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule doesn't exist or is unpublished or not accessible.
This is exactly what to expect with eval=no (it will return the text).

I troester thank your for your reply. I confirm you that the screen shot you see is "Cr?er une formation" and not "Inscription formation". I also confirm you that I have access without any error issues to the "Cr?er une formation" list and in fact to all my forms and lists.

Concerning element 920, I have access to it, it doesn't seems to be checked out.

Concerning gprh.....___intitule, this field exists (see Fabrik element ans Mysql table)

upload_2015-12-15_2-32-52.png
upload_2015-12-15_2-33-12.png

Element 920: if it's checked out by you it's locked for others
Element 840: what are the access settings

Display list data (not list settings): I get the same error as Hugh

I got the list to display by re-saving the list details.

Seems to be working how I would expect, which is for new repeats on an existing form it'll fill in the value that gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule had on form load, but on a new forms it won't, because there is no value for gprh_fabrik_user_training___intitule.

You'd have to make this a calc element to get it to pick up the value the way you want it to.

-- hugh

Element 920: if it's checked out by you it's locked for others
Element 840: what are the access settings

Display list data (not list settings): I get the same error as Hugh

Just to explain I have created the Form "Cr?ation d'une formation", then I replicated this List/form in order to create the "Inscription formation" Form, I changed naturally the access parameter "Super Administrateur GPRH" that I add in the first List/form to "Public" in the second list/form since the "Inscription formation" form is only accessible to the "Public".

Concerning element 920 it is not checked out.
Concerning Element 840 access are correct (Super Administrateur GPRH).

No problem also with displaying the list data as you can see for both lists:

upload_2015-12-15_3-15-6.png

See my previous post.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, problem solved. I was just suprised why it wasn't working anymore (post 1), but anyway the "calc" option works well.
Thanks again for your time and effort (I include also troester).

Cheers,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back