[SOLVED] Form Detail PDF Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcq

Hi,

In order to create my own PDF template for a specific form called "Inscription formation - Accept?e", I have created a new folder in :

components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl

called "bootstrap_tabs_enrolldetails"

I have set the PDF Template to "bootstrap_tabs_enrolldetails" into my Form Layout (please see FORMPARAMETER.png attached).

Is it the good way to proceed ?

When I'm generating my PDF File, Elements (Label and Element) are not aligned horizontally. Now I just would like to align my elements as follows :

Label Element

I have tried to insert some CSS into the template_css file in order to see if it is working :

#{$form} .fabrikElementContainer.span12 { display:inline-block; }

I have reloaded my form, clicked on the PDF icone in order to generate the PDF file, but nothing changes.

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advises.

Cheers,

Marc

Attachments

• FORMPARAMETER.png
    FORMPARAMETER.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Just a sanity check ... are you basing your PDF template on the bootstrap_tabs template? That wouldn't really work very well, as tabs are dynamic, they won't work in PDF's.

Have you tried that same CSS in the HTML details view? Does it actually change anything?

Have you tried the "Debug PDF" option, which generates the HTML, but instead of running it through DOMPDF, we just show it in the browser. That can be helpful in identifying CSS issues.

-- hugh

Just a sanity check ... are you basing your PDF template on the bootstrap_tabs template? That wouldn't really work very well, as tabs are dynamic, they won't work in PDF's.

Have you tried that same CSS in the HTML details view? Does it actually change anything?

Have you tried the "Debug PDF" option, which generates the HTML, but instead of running it through DOMPDF, we just show it in the browser. That can be helpful in identifying CSS issues.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Yes I'm basing my PDF template on the bootstrap_tabs template. I know they are not working in PDF, but the output is not so bad at all.

Meanwhile, I could align some elements, hide groups etc. and add (display) two or three constants (just echoing values) into my template.

This enough for small layout changes, but if I want to make major changes, which will be the case, I will have to understand / learn how to modify the default_*.php files.

Thank you Hugh, Cheers,

Marc

Honestly, don't work on the tabs template for pdf. Use the normal bootstrap.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back