[SOLVED] jlayouts quik question

Dear Hugh

hi I have tried the layout override found in the wiki

it work exactly has explained for pagination in the example
"/templates/{current-joomla-template}/html/layouts/com_fabrik/list_X/pagination "

so I tried to copy the list folder so that I could modify the fabrik-filters.php but that doesent seem to work
"/templates/{current-joomla-template}/html/layouts/com_fabrik/list_X/list "

it works if I use it without a list_X
"/templates/{current-joomla-template}/html/layouts/com_fabrik/list "

am I doing something wrong or it s not operational yet ?

thanks

Best Regards
Manuel

Last edited:
Hmmm, from looking at the code, I think that /list_X path only works for pagination layouts. Not sure why it got coded that way, except that the pagination layouts were some of the first ones we created when we were first working out how to handle them.

I'll talk to Rob, see if that's a convention we want to add to the rest of the list related templates.

-- hugh

Cause even in the template I find the same file for the filter but when I change something in it there is no change

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi
Please find the path here under

eds-www\fabrik\components\com_fabrik\views\list\tmpl\bootstrap

coffee time has started :)

Best regards
Manuel

I think that one will have to go in your main site template overrides, so ./templates/<yourtemplate>/html/layouts/com_fabrik/list/fabrik-filters.php

-- hugh

hi

but the point is that I would like to have a template per list and the list_x dosen't work , but seems to work for pagination

any idea ?

Best Regards
Manuel

Correct. That's why I said the list_X thing only works for pagination. And we may revisit that, it was something we did while initially playing around with layouts, figuring out the best strategy for where / how to allow overrides. We may well deprecate the list_X thing, as on the whole it's probably better to do it in template layout overrides.

I just fixed the remaining list layout code so it now supports list template specific overrides. So create the 'layouts' folder in your list template, like (say) ./views/list/tmpl/whatever/layouts, then create the layout file / folder in there. So if in the main ./components/com_fabrik/layouts it's /list/fabrik-filters.php, it'll then be ./views/list/tmpl/whatever/layouts/list/fabrik-filters.php.

This commit ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/2304335845494318ef4256b2f8b0c8c86f31630d

-- hugh

hi Hugh

I just tried it , but I cant get it to work .

I followed exactly your example.

Best Regards
Manuel

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back