SOLVED: Pagination and Display # misbehaviours

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori19

Hello!

I have an erratic behaviour of the Display # and pagination feature below a table with 900+ rows:

Display #
When I switch from 10 to, say, 20, the screen reloads, but the table remains empty. And the pagination is not visible anymore.
The browser shows the following URL:
https://base.site.com/index.php?opt...resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

Pagination
Same issue: When I want to jump ahead to, say, page 5, the screen reloads, but the table remains empty. The browser shows the following URL:
https://base.site.com/index.php?opt...resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

Occasionally, the link even shows a com_content&article_id=12 construction.

I'm using J4.2.9 (updated from J3) and Fabrik 4.gamma3 (updated from Fabrik 3), PHP 8.1

Thanks for all the work!
Lorenz

No, the list is not ajaxified. Doing so makes no change.
And the console does not show any errors.

However, I noted that after clicking a pagination link or changing the display number reloading the page shows the desired result.

If the page doesn't reload on changing the pagination link or display number the list IS ajaxfied.
How do you call your list: menu item, via content plugin, module...?

Pagination is working on my site with and without list set to Ajaxfy.

But any warning, notice etc. will break ajaxfied list display update etc.

Hi

Ah, that did it! fabrikdebug shows me two eval exceptions, I fixed them, now everything is ifne.

Thanks a lot for the hint!

(Funny enough: one of the exception is telling me that some feature will be removed from Joomla 5. Speaking of early warnings...)

Hi all!

I'm afraid, I have to reopen this issue: After updating to F4Delta the pagination feature below the list is misbehaving again:

First load via a menu link of the list is fine. When I click on the link to get to page two, I receive a "No records" screen. When I then click again the menu item, the list reloads on page two.

I used all the system debug and error reporting tools and repaired all flagged errors to no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lorenz

Is your list grouped?
What are your menu settings? Reset filters, any query string...
J! cache settings?

The listed is ordered in Fabrik (latest entry on the top), no other options. It includes two repeatable groups, but they don't appear in the directly in the list view. I use them in part to generate a summary field which is displayed in the list view.

The menu settings include reset filters and the selection of the elements that are shwon in the lsit, no extra queries etc.

Joomla system cache is completely off. Runnind on the default cassiopeia template.

Edit:
I played around with the settings mentioned. Turning Reset Filders off in the menu settings make the issue worse.

However: The pagination links look like this https://somesite.com/index.php?opti...clearordering=0&resetfilters=0&clearfilters=0

When I remove the &resetfilters=0 the pagination works fine.

Last edited:
Solved again.

I went through my form element by element and found two dropdowns where the first line was Value: Label: Please select (meaning the value was empty). Changing empty to -- did resolve the pagination problem.

Now why would I set an empty value, you might ask. Well, my user are sometimes very lazy and when they see the dropdown element alsready shows a value, namely the first line, they don't bother selecting anything - even if the first line is wrong for that specific dataset. As validating the field is not an option I chose to insert a first line like above, otherwise, so that when doing aome swl count() statements, my stats are not off with values nobody actually selected for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back