SOLVED Some list/forms displaying incorrectly in admin

Idahojan

Hello, I am a noob. I upgraded my Joomla 2.5 to 3.3.6, template and all components including fabrik.

My issue is that some lists/forms are not displaying correctly in the backend and I have been doing different searches through the forums to determine the cause or even determine how to troubleshoot to get to the cause. My mind is now blanking, so I'm turning to people much smarter than I.

The country list is displaying correctly but the industry list is not (screens attached). The industry form also does not display correctly. I have about 5 lists out of 15 that are displaying incorrectly like this but the other 10 are fine.

Any direction on how to trouble shoot or fix would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at my server php error log and nothing there regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

I have also attached the fabrik debug file.

countrylist.pngindustrylist.png

Attachments

• fabrikdebug21515.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 216
Have you tried re-saving the list settings.

Have you set your error reporting to Max in the J! global settings? Typically when a page stops outputting half way through, there will be some kind of error. Quite often, it'll be a memory error. J! 3.x and Fabrik 3.1/2 do use a little more memory than 2.5 and 3.0, so you may need to bump up the memory limit in your PHP ini.

-- hugh

Hi hugh,

Thank you for responding.

When you say have I tried resaving the list settings do you mean just resaving the list? I have done that. I have tried saving as a copy as well, that didn't work. I have tried "update the database", that didn't work. I will try setting the reporting to max. Not sure how the memory issue would play into having the same 5 lists displaying incorrectly when there is less information on those pages than the ones that are displaying correctly. I will take a look at the php.ini, but I think I had already increased those to allow larger posts, uploads, etc. Was there anything in the fabrik debug file that you saw as unusual?

I will try creating a new list and selecting the table and see if that helps it display correctly.

Hi hugh,

I am going to assume you meant what I tried when you said did I resave the list as it worked to create a new list, select the old table and save. That seems to have cleared the display issue. Any explanation? I would like to know just so if I run across similar I know exactly what to look for.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back