Some suggestions

lori19

Hi all!

This is probably the wrong time and/or place but when testing F4 I came across a "Fabrik Wish List" that I started some time ago:

a) Additional title field for lists
-> This would follow the elements and forms logic. The header of the list would then be the title field, the label is used for referencing in eval code etc. This would allow to rename easily a list without having to go through all the code and checking the SQL queries

b) Nested groups
-> I often have a situation where I need to show/hide a group based on value of a field. Sometimes, the logical group to place this field is in a group that is itself hidden/shown depending on another field. You can get there using the existing javascript feature but it's a bit of a struggle. Nested groups where the visibility is based on the parent group would hlep.

c) Cascading Dropdown: choose between EQUALS and CONTAINS
-> This would allow to get values also from a multiselect field.

Cheers!
Lorenz

a) If I got you correctly then this is already the case.
It's the same with list and element creation: you fill in the "Label" and Fabrik takes this as default for the "Table name" or the element's "Name". In both cases you are free to change these names before saving. And in both cases you are free to change the "Label" at any time afterwards without affecting the names (which are the ones to use in any custom code).

a)
Hmm, it seems I wasn't clear enough

When I open a new list, the label also becomes the name of the database table. And the label is shown as e.g. the heading in the list view. I would wish to separate those two, e.g. a label field and a name field. I often have a situation where we start with a list called "Customer", and when all customisation and calc fields are done, someone decides to use "Clients" instead... If I change the label of the list I have to go back and change all the tablenames, if the lists would have a name and a label field (like the elements) that would make these kinds of changes easier.

If I change the label of the list I have to go back and change all the tablenames,

No, you don't need to, you even can't change the table name. Label and name are totally separated, same as in elements.
You can even use language strings for list and element labels.

In case you've never seen it: the table name is in list settings Data tab. And it won't change if you change the list Label.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
OR you can use Regular Labs Re-Replacer, which can conditionally change on the fly whatever you want into whatever else you want.

Thanks a lot for all the explanations. I have seen the database table field in the list settings but obviously never thought of its use :-D

Prove of the richness of Fabrik: There are so many options for customisation, you struggle to learn and remember them all.

And we struggle to support them all :(:(

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 43
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back