Spanish Translation

RaXa

Where I can find the files to translate to spanish? this component is great, greetings from Mexico

Hi

Thanks for your kind support!
We don't currently have a Spanish translation, but you can make one by copying

/administrator/components/com_fabrik/languages/english.php

to

/administrator/components/com_fabrik/languages/spanish.php

and editing each line after
Code:
defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' );

, replacing the English text with Spanish, e.g. in this line:

Code:
define("_ADD_FILTER", "Add filter");

you would need to translate "Add filter" into Spanish

For front end translations of form labels etc you need to install Joomfish, and copy the files in /administrator/components/com_fabrik/contentelements-joomfish into the joomfish elements folder (sorry can't quite remember off the top of my head where that is)

Cheers
Rob

Here is the spanish translation, there is only a thing that I really don't know what is a join on line 285, i take like "unir" but maybe I'm wrong.

The spanish file is translate on the 100% but there are things that I can´t translate, where i can find it?
for example

Hover Text, I think is only when the help hover text appears, but I really want to make 100% spanish component incluiding the installation and the info about fabrik.

Copy to a spanish.php file and upload to: components/com_fabrik/languages

I can't post the code by 2000 char limitation but there are the files attached.

Greetings

I hope you can put in the com_file, and if youre working in a user manual I can translate it with pleasure.

Thanks Rob

Attachments

• spanish.php
    21.7 KB · Views: 341
  • spanish.xml
    350 bytes · Views: 271
Hi Raxa

Many thanks for this, it will go in the next release. To answer your question about text such as "hover text" - this is currently not available for translation. I'm working on making it possible today and will get back to you when I have further details

Cheers
Rob

Strange characters when upgrade to 1.0.2

When I upgrade to 1.0.2 in spanish where the ó é ú á í or ñ must show appears another characters, and in the spanish.php file appear a square character, this is not normal, how can I fix this, Thanks.

Something happened with the translation file, because if you upload your translation (RAXA), this works well, but the translation included in 1.0.2 have an error.

hmm not sure what happened there, perhaps my editor doenst like these types of characters. What might be better is if there are translated into their html equivalent - eg ó becomes "Ó" (see here for a full list : http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/sidehtmlentity.html)

Raxa - do you want me to do this for you, or would you prefer to do it yourself?

Cheers
Rob

Re: Spanish Translation 1.0.2

Ok here is the new spanish version 1.0.2,

What might be better is if there are translated into their html equivalent - eg ó becomes "Ó"

Rob, is there a tool or program to make this automatically?

Greetings

Attachments

• spanish.php
    29.7 KB · Views: 297
Hi Raxa

Not sure if you posted the correct file there, as the characters weren't converted to html entities.
I don't know of an app that does this automatically, but I did a quick find and replace on the file for characters such as ó.
I'd suggest writing the file normally and at the end doing a find and replace to convert these types of characters.
Attached is the updated file

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• spanish.php
    30.6 KB · Views: 256
Hi Raxa, i don't know a specific program to replace ó with &Oacute (for example), but you can do try with MS Word: EDIT->REPLACE->REPLACE ALL puting:
Search: ó
Replace with: &Oacute
And clic on REPLACE ALL

It's a litle boring because you have to repeat this with á, é, í, etc. but it's easiest than doing it "manually".

I thing this was the problem, sorry if you were talking about another thing.

By the way i offer myself to help in spanish translations if needed. Particurarly if there are going to be several spanish translations i can help with the spanish from Spain.

Adiós :)

Hola todo el mundo,

I prefer to set my language to French in the general Joomla settings, but it makes the Fabrik backend rather disturbing to read because all the words containing é, è, à etc. are showing wrong. Probably for the reasons that Rob mentions. E.g. Voir base de donn�es instead of "Voir base de données". I'll have a look and see if I can make a search/replace to solve the problem.

Guppy ;D

Guppy said:
Hola todo el mundo,
I prefer to set my language to French in the general Joomla settings, but it makes the Fabrik backend rather disturbing to read because all the words containing é, è, à etc. are showing wrong. Probably for the reasons that Rob mentions. E.g. Voir base de donn�es instead of "Voir base de données". I'll have a look and see if I can make a search/replace to solve the problem.

More bugged than I thought, in fact all é and è show as � in the language file. But I did make the search replace, replacing all � with é. Of course then all the è also show as é, but I prefer so as not disturbing to read that. Is the back-end so....

Gup'

Re: Spanish Translation 1.0.3

Hi, I've already update de spanish version to 1.0.3, in here is de xml and the php files,
You only have to overwrite tehe files in

...administrator/components/com_fabrik/languages

with this the characters like "Regla de Validaci$"#%n" is gonna show well "Regla de Validación"

Sorry for the delay

He actualizado la versión en español de la versión 1.0.3
Solo tienen que sobreescribir los archivos que estan en
...administrator/components/com_fabrik/languages

Con esto se mostrarán bien los caracteres con acentos y la ñ
Saludos y perdón por la demora.

Attachments

• spanish.php
    31.4 KB · Views: 300
  • spanish.xml
    351 bytes · Views: 253
Victor said:
Hi Raxa, i don't know a specific program to replace ó with &Oacute (for example), but you can do try with MS Word: EDIT->REPLACE->REPLACE ALL puting:
Search: ó
Replace with: &Oacute
And clic on REPLACE ALL

More bugged than I thought, in fact all é and è show as � in the language file. But I did make the search replace, replacing all � with é. Of course then all the è also show as é, but I prefer so as not disturbing to read that. Is the back-end so....

Gup'

hay un pequeño problema al hacer esto si ponemos solo &Oacute no corrige el problema pero si agregamos un punto y coma despues Ó se arregla esto supongo que podria servir para la traducción al frances tambien.

I found a little rock in the path, if only put &Oacute the problem is not solved but if we put a ";" after this the things go correct like Ó maybe works with the french translation, Greetings.

Hello, I just read the RaXa lastest post.... I have corrected the mistakes of visualization too. (double work)

I put it here, because the translatión in the fabrik package have the original mistakes. I test it and works well.

I have used the RaXa translation and change only the mistakes in the letters.

----------------------------

Hola, acabo de leher el último post de RaXa... He corregido también los errores de visualización. (trabajo doble)

Lo pongo aquí, por que la traducción en el paquete de fabrik tiene aún los errores originales. La he probado y funciona bién.

He usado la traducción de RaXa y he cambiado solo los errores en las letras.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._
Edit:
The RaXa translation in the previous post is better than mine, I dete it

-----
Edición
La traducción de RaXa en un post anterior es mejor que la mia, borro la mia.

Im just starting to use this component and I find it exteremely usefull. I would be happy to contribute in any way with the spanish translations.

I am 100% fluent in English and Spanish , I would gladly help revise or translate any files to spanish.

Where is the most help needed at this time?

Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

Saludos desde Costa Rica ( Greetings from Costa Rica)

Xavier, I think that the RaXa spanish translation is very good, actually, another translation is not necesary.

---------------------------------

Xavier, creo que la traducción al español de RaXa es muy buena, no hace falta otra traducción ahora mismo.

Spanish Translation for the patch of the SVN (1.0.4)

Theres a miss I don't know how to translate match text, with the use I put the complete tranlsation, if anybody knows how to translate I appreciate a lot.
Regards

Attachments

• spanish.php
    34.2 KB · Views: 245
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back