SQL - ALTER Table - Error

rajakhoury

I have fresh install of Joomla 3.1.1 and Fabrik 3.1b ( Official Package from Fabrikar.com).
I am new to fabrik and I am curious to find out its capabilities. If Fabrik fails me , I will drop using Joomla and switch back to CodeIgniter.
I want to load a simple SQL data table ( localhost ) and set some filter fields to start with but I have been having this error which I cannot figure out the cause.

0 SQL=ALTER TABLE `tablename` COLLATE utf8_general_ci

I have created a simple list and loaded the corresponding database table but whenever I try to make any changes / Save , I receive the above Error Message.
At the frontend data is loading, but I fail to configure anything.
Filters : Set to No
Advance : Alter fields - Set to Global
Database : Phpmyadmin 5.5
Store Engine Type : InnoDb
Collation : utf8_general_ci

Any idea what's what is going on ?
Thanks

Did you create a fabrik list with a new database table or linking the list to an existing one?
What's the name of the table, `tablename`?

Is this with all lists or only one?
Does your DB user have all rights (ALTER TABLE)?

Hi Troester,

Yes I linked to an existing Database table - Named : 32299
As I explained, it is a fresh install of both Farbik and Joomla ( No sample Data, No extensions, No Fabrik Elements / Groups / Lists )
My first attempt aims at fetch a database table, display records and create user Filter fields ( Similar to Post method in PHP ).

So I loaded the table successfully ( Data is displayed at the fronted - Bad formatting ) - I want to Explore / Customize the List settings but I am not able to proceed as every time I try to save I receive that SQL Error.

Thanks for your time,

It seems a table name with only digits is not accepted.

Good practice are table and column names starting with a letter, no spaces, no special characters and no reserved words.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back