Stuck with dropdown/database join

JackGoa

Hi. I'm creating a form with one element. The element is a dropdown database join.
I'm populating it with categories.

I've managed to get the category titles to display in the dropdown.

I'm using this:
Code:
WHERE {thistable}.`title`
    IN ( SELECT sifds_categories.title FROM sifds_categories
        WHERE sifds_categories.parent_id = 87)
as my SQL statement.

Then I have a redirect jump URL like this:
index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id={___select_project}

On submission, I end up with a 404 error and in the URL I get this:
index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=Work%20with%20children&isMambot=1

It seems like my dropdown select returns the title of the category instead of the ID.
Any ideas?

And while on the subject, how can I submit the form once a user selects an option without having to click "submit"?

Joomla 3.3.6
Fabrik 3.2 (about to upload the freshest Github copy)

Have you tried with "_raw"? {___select_project_raw}

Or you might need to change your query to retrieve the id instead of the label (title)

In your list settings (Details section, Filters tab), you can change the filters trigger to "On change" instead of "Submit button"

Haven't tried raw, will give it a bash.

I tried changing it to retrieve the id, but then there's nothing in the dropdown.

i'm not saving these queries to the database so there's no list?

Ok, adding "raw" seemed to have done the trick. Thanks for that. I also changed my setup so that there is a list. However, even though it is set to "on change", it still does not submit automatically. I still have to click the submit button.

Then a new issue I've got now, when arriving on that page, obviously "category blog layout", the formatting is not the way I want it. I tried creating a menu item and changing the amount of listed articles, page title, etc etc there, but it still does it's own thing when using the dropdown select. Is there a way to change how the page is laid out?

Sorry, I got confused. You are talking about a form. I think the "on change" setting only works when filtering a list.

Then a new issue I've got now, when arriving on that page, obviously "category blog layout", the formatting is not the way I want it. I tried creating a menu item and changing the amount of listed articles, page title, etc etc there, but it still does it's own thing when using the dropdown select. Is there a way to change how the page is laid out?
Can you provide a link to your page or a screenshot? Not exactly sure what you mean. You can change your Fabrik form template in the Form options (layout tab). If those don't meet your needs you can create a custom template: http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-and-details-templates/

ah bummer, so there's no way to get it to submit automatically then? is it possible to make a fabrik list of certain articles, maybe articles in a certain category? then create a dropdown to filter the articles?

the site is here: www.volunteeringinsouthafrica.com/index.php i'm still working on it, so it does not look like much at this stage. i want to change the results page basically. the result is a joomla "category blog" layout.
check what happens when you select a category from the dropdown and then click submit.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back