Submit on enter is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren

I have a default bootstrap-tabs form that is not saving when the enter key is pressed. I have Form > Buttons > Submit on Enter set to Yes. Not sure why. Thanks in advance.
Using Fabrik 3.2 on Joomla 3.3.3.

it seems to be working for me. You have to have a field focused for the enter key to submit the form though - would that explain why you weren't seeing it being submitted?

Hi Rob.
Not sure what you mean by having to have a field focused for the enter key to submit. I tried pressing the enter key with my cursor in a dropdown element and a textbox element on the form. Neither one causes a submit event (like when I click on the submit button on the form. Is there a step I'm missing in the setup Fabrik element options to make this work? I only saw the "Submit on Enter" option in the form Fabrik options.
Thanks in advance.

By focused I meant that the cursor is in the field (allowing you to type in the field).

Really with this option turn on we are just defaulting to what ever the browser's implementation of the HTML5 spec is, so for example when enter is pressed with the dropdown select list focused then the spec says that the key event will select the currently active <option> and won't submit the form. Likewise for a textarea, enter is going to add a new line to the text you entered into the textarea.

The main reason this option was added was to give people the option to stop form submissions when the enter key was pressed, rather than globally enabling it on all of the form fields. I've updated the wiki and tooltip text to explain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back