Suggestion for prefilters

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

There are yet a lot of conditions available in prefilters, however there are only two with "NOT" (equal and in). I often miss "not null" and "not contains". I think it would be better to have an intermediate dropdown or checkbox to say "not" and leave only positive conditions in the main dropdown.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 181
I could have sworn we had a NOT NULL, but we don't.

This is something we have considered, the problem of course just being time. It would actually be a relatively big deal to do that, as the pre-filter code is distinctly non-trivial, and most of it would be special case handling, as it's not as simple in the MySQL 'where' handling as just sticking "NOT" in front of any given condition to negate it. Some are, some aren't.

So ... it's definitely on our list of pre-filter improvements we'd like to do, but probably "NOT LIKE '%going to happen%'" real soon.

However, as a compromise, we could probably add "NOT NULL" and "NOT contains" fairly easily, if those two would keep you going for a while?

-- hugh

For sure I can understand that something could be much more complicated to do as it seems.... ;-) However, I really think "not null" and "not contains" would help us build some much clever prefilters ! Thanks for looking at this one Hugh.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back