Sum in list view incorrect

Erik-74

Can't get this one sorted out. Help would be greatly appreciated!

In list view the sum of 2 columns is incorrect, although all the single items (the ones that are summed up) are correct. When exporting the whole thing to Excel the sums are spot on.

The one column that sums up correctly is the one that is manually filled. Column #2 and #3 are the result of a 'calc'. In list view the sums of these two columns are incorrect.

Nothing I did made any difference so far. Filters on/off, changed the php in the calc, ordering upside down, changed from 220 to 110 volts... What really bugs me is that all the single fields are correct. It's only the sums that are messed up.

Anyone any ideas?

The list view sum is based on whatever is in your database table. You can verify your sum using phpMyAdmin.

The calc element can be set to calculate on the fly for display purposes in list view, however, it only updates the database value when the form is saved. So this method doesn't work if you need list view summing.

To make it work as expected, you'd need to update the data in your table with a manual query or work out other code to automatically update it as needed. There are a couple ways to do this, , e.g. a scheduled task or form PHP, it just depends on your setup and expectations.

Thanks for your reply, Rackem. It turned out my provider screwed up during a php-update on their servers. I'm still unaware of what exactly they did to mess up my database, but after I got them to perform a rollback all was back to normal.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back