Template code required to insert data in Googlemaps popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I wonder if you could give me an exact example of the code to insert in a GoogleMaps Visualization 'template box' field in order to be able to display data from one or more fields (elements) in the record, e.g. a 'Description' element in a 'pop up bubble'. I can put text in but have no idea how to access element information in this template.
Also how do I include code to generate a link to the record in the template i.e. the related form?
Many thanks
Mike

Version: Fabrik 2.0 beta SVN 616

Hi

Use:

Code:
{tablename___elementname}

to format the template

for creating the link to the details Im not sure - Hugh removed that if you have a custom template but im not sure if theres an easy way to add it back in- Hugh????

Still not quite got it yet!

Hi
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I still can't quite seem to get it yet :(

I have used the following in the template 'box', but no data is showing

Code:
 Housing Report Details:
Latitude:   {Last_7_days_Housing_Report___Latitude}
Longitude: {Last_7_days_Housing_Report___Longitude}

where Last_7_days_Housing_Report is a Fabrik Table and Latitude & Longitude are element names in the group related to that table.

Only the text appears but not the Element data details.

Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Mike

Hi,

I just use the elementname without the table and put it in a paragraph...works for me...

e.g.

<p>Housing Report Details:
Latitude: {latitude}
Longitude: {longitude}</p>

Plus all mysql field names are lower case for compatiblity...

HTH

Hi,
I just use the elementname without the table and put it in a paragraph...works for me...
e.g.
<p>Housing Report Details:
Latitude: {latitude}
Longitude: {longitude}</p>

Plus all mysql field names are lower case for compatiblity...

Hi, Thanks for your help.
When I do this, I get no data at all in the pin. Which SVN are you using?
Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike

Skh is right it's currently using the short format of {elementname} (note not the element label).
If you post a link to the map and if possible the fabrik table you are getting the data from i could probably tell you exactly what the variable names were. PM me those and ill take a look

cheers
Rob

Thanks all for responding on the problems I was having on the pin popup. I finally solved the problem for myself. Basically it turns out I was being a complete twit and trying to display an element which was in a different group to the one used for the Visualization. As soon as I made a copy of the element and put it in the right group the data magically appeared. Sorry to waste your time on this one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back