Time Element with milliseconds

djie

I am trying to rewrite the time element to show milliseconds next to the seconds and minutes. As I am not using the hour part I decided to delete it. Unfortunatily I cannot get it to work, probally as I am a php newbie :) When publishing the element, the page just blanks out. Below the modified code to M:S:MS

Maybe it is better to add the milliseconds to the available element but I am new to PHP, so I chose to edit the available code rather then writing additions to it.

Attachments

• plg_fabrik_element_time_3.0.10.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 184
This element uses MySQL TIME field that doesn't contain milliseconds. So you can't save data with ms-s, the saved data would be unpredictable.

Ah, it's since MySQL 5.6.4
Well, in this case when improving this element then user should be informed that the new feature would work only with 5.6.4 or newer version of MySQL

I will, in the mean time I did a work around.
Create 3 field elements with validations for min ' sec . milsecs and a calc elements which calculates the total time to milliseconds to be able to order the list. Als a display element is added to display the time in the right format.

Hi dijie, I'm exactly looking for the same thing that you tried to achieve , is there any update on that one? Can we now modify it or will it possible for you to publish the code of the calc element? thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back