Translation

Fastserv

Hi

it seems that the translation with Transifex don?t work very well. Since you switched to Transifex I get more and more English strings back to my German installation. And as I wrote in this thread the Joomla menu is not translated at all.

I would appreciate it very much if you could look at this.

There are two problems:
1. the admin file contains a syntax error therefore it's falling back to the English one
edit ...\administrator\components\com_fabrik\language\de-DE\de-DE.com_fabrik.ini line 292, change
...Multiple Argumente mit & trennen;
to
...Multiple Argumente mit & trennen"

2. now there are German language files for all plugins but containing untraslated strings (=the English ones commented out), so showing strings like COM_FABRIK_FIELD_CRON_LOG_EMAIL_LABEL

Thank you for your reply troester,

1) Since the translation is handled by Transifex I am not able to take care about those syntax errors.

2) This files are just not updated yet. I think only 4 - 5 plugins still needs to be translated.

1. should be a fix in your local file; I don't know if the new Transifex version will be ok.
2. see my comment/discussion in Transifex;

I would prefer to start all languages with the English translations (better displaying the English texts than COM_FABRIK... strings) but I don't know if this is possible in Transifex

In the file [nl-NL.com_fabrik.ini] in the latest GITHUB version 563 a great number of lines is not translated and 'out-commented?' like
; COM_FABRIK_EVAL="Eval"

And in the extension-summary there is no right date for fabrik-elements they all show
${createdate}

Language files:
for languages contained in Transifex now there are the language files for all plugins created but starting empty respectively with untranslated (= commented out) English language strings (see my comments in the posts above).
I would prefer to start all languages with the English translations (better displaying the English texts than COM_FABRIK... strings) but I don't know if this is possible in Transifex
So the only possibility I can see at the moment is to go to Transifex
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/fabrik
and translate or just copy the English string
Alt-g
Fill in the translation textarea with the content of the source string. (Copy the source string as it is, to the translation area.)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back