Twitter login

sollos

Just upgraded my site from Joomla 1.5 and Fabrik 2 to Joomla 2.5 and Fabrik 3. Going fairly well so far, but I can't seem to log into Twitter. Is it something wrong on my end? I have a form that sends out a tweet and would like to get that working again.

Thanks!

Well I know that the Twitter plugin was working as I have tested it a few times now.

I'm not sure what you have done since your upgrade:-

I assume you have discovered the Twitter plugin, installed it and enabled it.

Have you been into the twitter plugin settings and resaved?

Sorry the answer is vague but there's not much to go on from your post. ;)

Am I missing a place to configure Twitter? I am trying to use the Connect to Twitter button, but I keep getting this:

• 401: Could not connect to Twitter. Refresh the page or try again later.

Any idea why I can't get it to work? I've had other people try it and have tried various browsers. All Mac though. Just tried from Windows XP. Same error.

As a note for anyone having similar issues, I resolved my problem through the following steps:

In Twitter Development Settings > Settings Tab > Application Type > Access Level > select at least "Read and Write". And, most importantly, set the Callback URL. I was able to just use my domain without any other parameters. Then update these settings.

Next go Details Tab > Your Access Token > Recreate My Access Token. Make sure that the Access Level updates to reflect any changes. Then copy the updated information into the twitter plugin on your form.

The "Sign In" link should work correctly now. Happy Hunting.

401: Could not connect to Twitter. Refresh the page or try again later.

I tried: As a note for anyone HAVING similar issues, I resolved my problem through the Following steps:

Development in Twitter Settings> Settings Tab> Application Type> Access Level> select at least "Read and Write". And, most is importantly, set the Callback URL. I was ble to just use my domain without Any other parameters. Then update settings thesis.

Next go Details Tab> Your Access Token> Recreate My Access Token. Make sour ce que le Access Level Any updates to Reflect changes. Then copy the updated information into the twitter plugin on your form.

The "Sign In" link should work now Correctly. Happy Hunting.

IMPOSSIBLE

Thank you for your help

Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm a little bit confused. You seem to have copied my post and then add "IMPOSSIBLE" and "Thank you for your help". I can't tell if this is sarcasm (in other words you are still having trouble and you didn't think that I was clear enough) or if this is a thank you (because it helped you clear your problem).

Potts

Sorry, this poor translation the translator. This is not sarcasm. Simply put, your solution did not work for me. Too bad for me it was interresting plug-ins! Thank you for your message.

Sorry, I had a hard time telling. Sometimes text doesn't convey the tone properly. I am happy to help if you need to make the plug-in work. Can you tell me how far you got? What errors are you getting? I have been able to use this plug-in for some time now.

This used to work for my site but has not worked for quite some time. Really want to figure out what the issue is as it has impacted my functionality quite a bit. When I click the associate an account I get a 401 error reaching twitter. Have tried the suggestions above with no success.

argghhh
Ok if your form id was greater than 9 then Hugh had some wonky code which would set it's from 20 to 2, so when you tried to authenticate it would not find the cosumer key and secret key.

This should be fixed now in github

Bit confused as to what should go in the callback URL section of twitter when 'creating the application'.

I tried
Code:
[URL]http://www.edmontonrangers.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&controller=plugin&plugin=fabriktwitter&group=form&method=auth[/URL]

But it says 'not a valid url format'

Hi Guys, still having a problem with this and Ive noticed something when watching Cheesegrits little video.

When he clicks 'sign in with twitter' button, he is directed to a twitter URL: along the lines of

Code:
https://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=524445222-9ZsqMaRQnl5GHM28TFq0HmeeeJ3JJvQjJMPr73C4

However, when I try to do the same thing, I get directed to an internal URL see below:

Code:
http://www.edmontonrangers.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=plugin.pluginAjax&plugin=twitter&g=form&method=authenticateAdmin&tmpl=component&formid=3&repeatCounter=0

For context,

My table shows football results. When a result is submitted I want it to be tweeted.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back