Unable to create a new list from an existing DB table

lorenzo51

I have installed fabrik 3.0.6.3 in a Joomla 2.5.8 PHP 5.2.13 MySql 5.1.47 environment.
Unfortunately I can't create a new list from an already existing DB table, since no DB table list among which to choose is created, but a running symbol is shown continuously next to the label "Database Table".
The definition of connection to database is correct, in fact when creating a new DB table (Table name field) or importing data from a CSV file, the list and the DB table are correctly created.
I cannot update the versions of the aformentioned softwares because they are installed by my hosting provider.
Do you have any suggestions concerning this issue?
Many thanks in advance,

Did you try different browsers?
Can you see any JS error?
What is your WYSIWYG editor (try to set "no editor" in your profile)?

Actually I have tried with Chrome, Firefox and IE.
I do not have any error notification, but just a spinning wheel next to the field "Database Table".
"No Editor" was already set in my profile.

The issue is solved.
Actually it was caused by my hosting provider, which inserts in each web page ad advertising banner that normally does not cause any problem.
In this case, however, the added string (<html> </html>) was generating an error in the instruction var opts = JSON.decode(r); that was not caught in administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\fields\tables.js and this was preventing the completion of the function.
I have temporarily overcome the problem by deleting the added string with the instruction r = r.substring(0,r.indexOf("<html>")); and I'm now waiting to have an installation without ads.
Many thanks again and sorry for having posted this issue solely connected to my installation.

Back