Unable to create admin list module

kjalderton

Fresh J4 and Fabrik4 install. Trying to add admin module of a list and it appears I am missing components/com_fabrik/views/package/view.html and also /components/com_fabrik/controllers/package.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')

or have I got something wrong?

Many thanks

Have you tried a Joomla Custom Module and added in it the Fabrik Content plugin.
I had also problems with Fabrik admin menu-items and therefore I'm using Joomlas URL menu item and call list/forms via the URl

Fabrik Admin List module is included in Delta but not adapted for Fabrik 4.
I assume it's the same for Form and Viz.
"package" is not longer used in F4.

So use @wezetel's suggestion with custom module and Fabrik content plugin.

Thank you all very much. I used a custom module as wezetel suggested and changed the menu items in Joomla language overrides as I couldn't figure out how you managed to do the menu URL. :(

No idea, how to change a menu with language overrides :)
But in general: if you just want a list displayed in the admin interface via a menu item, you don't need a module. Just create an admin URL menu item. As URL you just enter index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=X, where X is the list ID.
And for creating a new record: index.php?Itemid=&option=com_fabrik&task=form.view&formid=X&rowid=

As an example in German
upload_2023-8-10_10-56-19.png

Last edited:
Thank you wezetel. I have now found out how to make a admin menu item. :)

This is the way I have done it.

From the Administrator modules chose Custom.

Then going to Extensions > language overrides because Fabrik was not picking up the language I done this.

Not sure if I have posted the images properly so

Attachments

• Home Dashboard -Administration.png
    Home Dashboard -Administration.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Modules Custom  - Administration.png
    Modules Custom - Administration.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Languages Overrides - Administration.png
    Languages Overrides - Administration.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 65
Ok, understood now with the screenshots. I had some miss-understanding because you mentioned 'menu', but in fact what you wanted is a dashboard module and I'm glad to hear you had success.
Regarding the language overrides: it's just because the definitions are missing in the language ini definitions and is not a functional issue.

For loading the language strings also in a backend content plugin change
plugins\content\fabrik\fabrik.php
line 54 from ...JPATH_BASE... to
$lang->load('com_fabrik', JPATH_ROOT . '/components/com_fabrik');

(It seems nobody ever used it, even in F3)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back