unusual issues - duplication, periods.. etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneduality

First of all .. screen shot..

Forgive the subject, they looked like periods initially but they are commas

This is running Joomla 1.0.x with fabrik 1.0.6

1. There is validation text on the top group, but not the bottom

2. To do this, I clicked add and repeated a group..

3. then submitted

4. aside from there being no text for the validation issues, commas have now appeared.. if I submit again it goes from one comma in each field, to three.. if I put something in one of the fields, it's replicated in each field between each comma.. so for example if I had "oneduality" in the name field initially and clicked submit, it would say "oneduality.oneduality" in there ...

Additionally .. if I fill out the top fields, and THEN click add ... it replicates all the form data, I've looked at the JS, it appears like it is meant to be blanking those fields out.

This is a custom css for the default template, otherwise I've done nothing ... the web site template is also custom .. but it's one I put together myself... mootools is not in use, this is not a rocket theme ..

I experience this on both IE and on FireFox .. I'm not sure if this is in the javascript (thinking not) .. or if it's in the PHP ...

I have tried pulling files from SVN, files that appeared as though they'd be related to this issue... but that made no difference.

issues.jpg

I think I noticed a similar issue with the commas recently.

I'll take a look and get back to you.

If I haven't responded within a day or two, bump this thread. I'm a bit busy with Thanksgiving stuff this week.

-- hugh

I think I noticed a similar issue with the commas recently.

I'll take a look and get back to you.

If I haven't responded within a day or two, bump this thread. I'm a bit busy with Thanksgiving stuff this week.

-- hugh

Thanks... I do a lot of PHP development, but it's a little difficult to know exactly where this is coming from.

Actually, come to think of it, the problem I saw was in 2.0.

Can you make sure you are running the latest and greatest SVN version, and once you are sure of that, PM me a backend login so I can take a look. Include details of the table name(s) I need to be looking at, and include a link back to this thread.

I'm pretty sure this must be something site specific, as nobody else has reported anything similar.

-- hugh

I had pulled down from SVN

I can reinstall .. but I have a form I've been working on and have to deliver work soon ..

If you saw the issue in 2.0 then it at least seems to stand to reason that it carried forward from 1.0 .. it would be odd for the same issue to appear and not have carried forward.

I'd love to be able to use 2.0 but if I'm not mistaken, that is for joomla 1.5 only ..

I'm not sure what tables would be involved .. I don't think it's anything database related anyway, unless it's writing data to the database even before all the required fields are filled in .. seems more like something in code is putting the commas back in those fields, and it only seems to happen when I've turned on the ability for a group to be duplicated (Ie. In this example, add additional attendees) ..

You're welcome to see the issue in action ..

http://www.pfaudler.com/component/option,com_fabrik/view,form/fabrik,1/

Add a group for attendee, then submit ... you'll see commas appear.. if I disable the ability to duplicate the group, those commas dissapear ..

just to confirm that I can confirm this issue and am working on it now, I'll post back when i have a fix

Cheers
Rob

I saw the two files changed since my last update, fabrik_groups.class.php and fabrik.class.php ... so I uploaded those and sure enough.. the problem is solved!

Thank you sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back