update column possible bug

ranwilli

We have installed the Fabrik update_col plug-in to a table but a bug is making it entirely unusable. Using Joomla 2.5.8 and Fabrik latest from Github.

Possibly of note: the plugin in some cases is updating a column in a repeating group.

update_col is instanced three times:
1. First instance updates a text field in the main section of the form.
2. Second instance is chained: it updates the same text field and also updates a radio button (0/1) which then displays the corresponding new label value. The radio button appears in a repeating group.
3. Third instance updates the id field in a databasejoin field. After update, the field displays the value of the field returned by the query.

The problem is not in the function of updates themselves - they work as designed and produce the expected results. The problem is that after opening the Plugin tab on the List view in the back end, and making an edit (for example, changing the value of the text field to a new string), and saving - the actions associated with the three instances become scrambled among themselves. The action associated with button1 may move to either button2 or to button3, and those two buttons also may get new actions. Sometimes all three are different, and sometimes two different buttons wind up with the same set of actions. The button labels do not move with them. The actions continue to function properly but they are not invoked by the proper buttons. I assume that an array index has become affected but I cannot determine how to fix it.

Please advise. This has rendered the entire plugin, which is critical to our success, useless.

this one should be fixed now - took a while to figure it out

In the end I had to dump the use of the Joomla modal window - it seems that the onclose events were not cleared when the modal was closed, so opening a second modal would fire the onclose event on all previously opened windows, but passing in the current windows field values !

I implemented a less fancy version of a modal that at least works correctly!

Thanks again, Rob, for fixing that, and the buttons work and appear stable.

Significant new problem: If a form has more than one "update_col" button, and any one of the "update_col" buttons is selected, it operates properly. However, no other "update_col" button will execute until the user navigates away from the page and returns. Refreshing the page doesn't suffice.

I can't replicate that.
Could you try clearing your browser cache.
Then if the problem persists could you report if you get an javascript errors?

-rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back