Update not disappering!

rbuelund

I just updated to v. 3.0.6.1 through the Joomla updater, but the updates don't disappear from the list - very annoying ! Could you please fix this.

Did either of you upgrade from 1.5 or was this a clean install?

If you did upgrade did you use jupgrade?

Can you try:
"Refresh Cache" in ExtensionManager/Manager (on all fabrik plugins)
then "Purge Cache" in ExtensionManager/Update

(and "Purge Cache" in ExtensionManager/Discover but this shouldn't affect the displayed updates)

There is a somewhat related post somewhere about duplicate plugins, I believe both these issues are a result of jupgrade.

I may be wrong but I don't believe either issue is directly Fabrik related but I will try and setup a test case to find out what's going on. I've made a note and will check in a couple of days once I'm back into the swing of things.

Can you try:
"Refresh Cache" in ExtensionManager/Manager (on all fabrik plugins)
then "Purge Cache" in ExtensionManager/Update

(and "Purge Cache" in ExtensionManager/Discover but this shouldn't affect the displayed updates)

The updates still reappear with Find Updates.

When I install single update files manually, it works as expected. But not when using Joomla Updater.

Did you do a GitHub update and install additional plugins?
Those can't be updated via Joomla Updater, you'll have to update via GitHub again (and then refresh/purge cache in all Extension Manager tabs).

If you have never done a GitHub update:
can you download and install (via ExtensionManager/ Install) the 3.0.6.1-zip and see if this helps?

Did you do a GitHub update and install additional plugins?
Those can't be updated via Joomla Updater, you'll have to update via GitHub again (and then refresh/purge cache in all Extension Manager tabs).

If you have never done a GitHub update:
can you download and install (via ExtensionManager/ Install) the 3.0.6.1-zip and see if this helps?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was using a github version before, then installed 3.0.6.1 (zip) via Extension Manager.

Now I installed the latest github version (3.0.6.1-64), and refreshed plugin/update caches. Update manager is still showing available updates for all non-standard plugins. All those seem to have valid update xml files. Only when manually downloading and installing the plugin zip files stated in each single xml file the update disappears from Update Manager...

The main thing is to "Refresh Cache" in ExtensionManager/Manage on all (noncore) fabrik plugins.

Because a Github update is just copying files (including xml with new version numbers)

The main thing is to "Refresh Cache" in ExtensionManager/Manage on all (noncore) fabrik plugins.

Because a Github update is just copying files (including xml with new version numbers)

To completely Refresh Cache for all plugins shown as updates, I had to install all available plugins via Discover first. Looks like updates are also shown for plugins not installed.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back