updating to 3.0.4 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rali

Hello

while updating to 3.0.4 I had this 2 problems maybe not related to fabrik:
1 - using the Joomla extension updater to discover and install one component at a time, it works fine. However if I select all the componebnt and install them together, the first one is installed and I get the following error for the others: "Update: :Extension: Could not open Invalid extension update"

2 - when I updated the map visualisation component, The colored clustered markers disappeared at the front end; only numbers are shown instead of markers on the map

Cheers

This is something I discovered the other day, something I need to update the Wiki on.

For now, just install the 3.0.4 package and everything will be updated.

I'll create the article later and update this thread when done. :)

2) Which release were you on before?

Previous working environment

Hi,

Sony, I forget to mention that I was using fabrik 3 and have added a SVN update about 10 days ago. (joomla 2.5)

I could not understand your reply to point 1. Do you mean I should avoid using the joomla updater!

Clarification

Hi,

Yes I have updated fabrik 3 using Github and not SVN as it was said in my previous message by mistake.

I have the same problem. I updated Fabrik using J installer and after that updated from git (for the plugins that are not in main package) but I have still message like the plugins were not updated.

Yes, it's a Joomla thing. I'm writing instructions about it now on my home wiki, will copy and paste shortly to the Fabrik wiki.

google map markers problem

Hi,

I have installed the zip file of fabrik 3.0.4 and purged, cleaned the cache. I also used Refresh cache in the joomla Manage menu for the fabrik plugin. After that everything is ok and the joomla update list is now empty without any element from fabrik needing update.

Unfortunately the 2nd point is still not solved:
"when I updated the map visualisation component, The colored clustered markers on the google map visualisation disappeared at the front end; only numbers are shown instead of colored markers on the map"

Unfortunately the 2nd point is still not solved:
"when I updated the map visualisation component, The colored clustered markers on the google map visualisation disappeared at the front end; only numbers are shown instead of colored markers on the map"

I'll leave that one for Hugh as that's his baby!

Hi,

Thanks Troester, but when I updated today and try it only the Red color appears, no yellow, and no blue, etc

Clustered marker colors not showing!

Hi,

Sorry have not seen your message till now.

I am on a local server, so I am sending some screenshots with images before and after updating fabrik

Thanks

Attachments

• map_screenshots.jpg
    map_screenshots.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 103
I assume you must play with grid size and max zoom level.
With max zoom level = 5 it stopps clustering if you zoom to level >=6, showing only single markers.

Thanks again Troester, that did it. I was always thinking I am using the default values so I never look at them. But how I changed them? I don't know. anyway it is working now

Hi,

When starting a new googlemap visualisation the default value for the Max Zoom Level clustering is 5, as it was found above this value is not generally convenient and may lead to confusion. I think this value should be changed to 14 (curiously the tooltip of the label Max Zoom Level also suggest that this value should be 14! but 5 is written)

Thanks

well the max clusteriing level really depends on the data you are showing, for you 14 might make sense but for others it might not :)
I've altered the description text so that it no longer says the default is 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back