upgrading db from mysql 5.6->5.7 generates invalid query (weird)

skyrun

i have the same fabrik code (elements/lists/etc) on 2 databases (on 2 servers). one is 5.6 one is testing an update/migration to mysql 5.7.

when i connect joomla to the 5.6 one, everything works as normal. i have a databasejoin element to lookup a userid on jos_users that fabrik generates both the column name select:
SELECT `jos_users_0`.`name` AS `srms_property_cleaning___inspection_team`, (etc)

and the corresponding LEFT JOIN down later in the query among many other joins for the other databasejoin elements:
LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `jos_users_0` ON `jos_users_0`.`id` = `srms_property_cleaning`.`inspection_team` (etc)

However on the mysql 5.7, fabrik creates all of the other db joins and creates the column name select:
SELECT `jos_users_0`.`name` AS `srms_property_cleaning___inspection_team`

BUT fabrik is not not including the corresponding LEFT JOIN. And that generates a 500 error:

Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list [listname]:

Unknown column '#__users.name' in 'field list'

i use a databasejoin to the jos_users table in many elements and they all fail similarly. but all of the other joins seem to work. the only thing i did was to migrate my db to mysql 5.7(.28 if it matters).

any ideas? i think i would like to get to 5.7, but can't with this not working.

*i tried saving the element joining to another table and then changing it back to join to jos_users thinking that may re-save the element and fix it.

Is the 2nd site a copy? Did you open and resave the Fabrik connection to have it pointing to the new database?

of course that's exactly it!! you're a lifesaver troester.
fabrik can't join from another db and my fabrik connection still points to the prod db... duh. i wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back