Upgrading from com_fabrik_1.0.4 to Patch fabrik1.0.4_upgrade

braga

I have tried to apply the "pach Beta 1.04 upgrading" to version 1,04 thinking is useful, but the error message is following:

Caricamento component - Caricamento fallito
Un altro componente sta utilizzando la cartella: "/var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/"

Loading component - bankrupt Loading an other member is using the folder: "/var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/"

What can I do?
thanks

Are you trying to do a Joomla component install?

The way to upgrade once you have installed the component one time (any version) is to ftp the new files up to your server. You don't run the install again.

While you are in an upgrading frame of mind, can I suggest you switch to using the latest SVN version?

Let me know if you need help on how to access using SVN.

-- hugh

I installed SVN on my UBUNTU 7.04 now I need help to write a good script on terminal view!!!

Thanks a lot, but just when you finished your work, I can wait!!!
Thanks
by

Well thats one reason why we recommend using Tortoise SVN on a Windows box, and ftp'ing the files up to the server, if you aren't well versed in using the svn command line directly on the server.

With Tortoise, once you have it installed and have download the 1.04 trunk, it's a really simple process to update. Just right click on your main 1.04 SVN folder, "SVN update". Right click again and "Export" a clean version (without all the hidden SVN control and versioned files) to a new folder.

Then use something like FileZilla to upload the whole clean folder, again with one click. Well, two clicks - one to select all the top level folders, and one to upload them to the root joomla folder.

Using the command line, the process is pretty much the same, you just have to do a lot of typing! Or, as you say, write a little shell script to do it.

-- hugh

;D Thanks I know that Windows is the best to do all easy, this is the reason for which I have begun to use Linux... ;D :)

The first thing for me is to know how works Fabrik , after that I'll try to upgrade it, may be...
by by soon

I am a Ubuntu user you can install RapidSVN

For "svn" I select the RapidSVN very easy from repository and for the FTP client FileZilla Where you want to update your files to your server apply use "filename filter" to filter the folders .svn

Back