Upsert plugin setup

bivey

'Upsert' plugin. Sorry Hugh, but I am having no luck with my config of it. I would appreciate you having a look please. I fixed this error on saving my 'tasks' form by adding the Github change to upsert.php file:
"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM vol_volunteers WHERE `vol_volunteers`.`id` ="

I can get the plugin to ADD a new record (with the one field) in another table, but not update a field within a record in the other table.
FORM: Tasks. (table: vol_tasks). In the front end, when editing a 'task' a 'Volunteer' is allocated to the task by selecting from the vol_volunteers table via the databasejoin field 'vol_tasks___volunteer'. I am trying update the individual's record in Volunteer table to show the task that has been allocated (to avoid the risk of unknowingly allocating multiple tasks to an individual). In the 'upsert' setup in the Tasks form, I tried to set it to insert the contents of {vol_tasks___task_tcp} into the element 'vol_volunteers__tasks_tcp' (although the dropdown allows only selection of the latter's label 'Alloc Task').
In the Tasks list I am using the test record: 0000anothertest, and from the field 'Allocated Volunteer', the record: 'Kuringgai_task_group IveyTEST Bob' (two fields concatenated to assist selection).
I have tried a variety of setup combinations as described in the Wiki
I would really appreciate some pointers please.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back