Use of these 'join' Groups TABLE_1-[table_2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bontemuis

When I create a List join from table_1 to table_2, a Group is automatically generated: TABLE_1-[table_2]. Fabrik also duplicates the Elements involved and creates a parent-child relationship. I've tried to find some information about this on the Wike pages...

At this moment I have not used any of these Groups, I simply don't see the added value, so for me all these extra Elements make it a little more difficult to keep the overview. So, with my knowledge thusfar, I am thinking: is there a way to stop the generation of this Groups or else is it safe to simply trash these Groups and their child Elements?

The extra groups are created because of the join you selected to do in between the lists.
Ususally when we create list joins we do it because we want to use fields from both lists.
If you don't want them you can disable them from being appeared in the list or even disable them but then what is the reason of making of join?

Thanks Dimoss. The reason for using a join is this: I have one Profile table of which the PK is Joomla's user_id. I create several tables, all joined with this Profile table. If I show Lists of these other tables, I want to have the databasejoin element to point at this Profile by using the Frondend option 'Link to joined record'. That's making good use of joins, right?

No, you don't need to add a list join to enable "link to joined record" in the databasejoin element. You only need a Fabrik list linked to the selected table (so you can select the pop up form).

In principle you can set "Unpublish cloned elements"=yes in Fabrik Options. With this setting all child elements are unpublished per default and you must publish each one you need.

Thanks troester. When you say "You only need a Fabrik list linked to the selected table", do you mean the Custom Detail URL in the Details - Links in the List settings?
Please see my screenshot. I want to display this name Hans61 in all my other tables, pointing to the Details View of hans61 in the Profile table...

Joined record.JPG

No.
I assume your databasejoin element is going to the Profile table.
Then you need a Fabrik list linked to this table (so you have a form you can select as popup form in the databasejoin setting).
If it's already a Fabrik list you are done (I assume you have it because you say "Details view of hans")

(Otherwise create a new Fabrik list and link it to this database table: in the Data tab don't set a new table name but select the existing one in the "Or Database table" dropdown.)

Maybe I need to explain a bit more... You're right, each table has a databasejoin element to Profile. All together I want to set up maybe seven different tables this way. For each table I will only have one row per Profile, so no repeat. All these rows will be populated by one php plugin action onAfterProcess of the Registration form (which uses juser plugin as well).
So one Registration row will generate the Profile row as well as seven others in their own tables. So I figured I need seven list joins in the Profile list. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back