user registration multilanguage, how to?

This means? You did try? or is it working?

Try with the "long", un-SEFed URL, with itemid but without language, e.g.
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=17&Itemid=528

I had the association activated and it was not working.

then I tried the un-SEF-ed URL with and without itemid. This doesn't work, too. With the un-SEF-ed URL the language association stopped to work.

I think this has something to do with a difference oj J2.5 and 3.4.
It used to work with J2.5 with the SEF-ed URL, here:
http://www.beiladen.com/index.php/en/login

It's working on my site with
override SEF link without language like
151130/index.php/registrieren

Then you must make sure that the associated menus have exactly the same alias "registrieren"

They have the same alias, it's
And
151130/index.php/en/registrieren

Seems to be working fine on your site if I manually set the URL to ... 151130/index.php/registrieren.
You have to reset the override link to SEF.

So I resetted the URL to "index.php/registrieren"
as you can see here
151130/templates/yoo_master2/html/com_users/registration/default.php
I also played around with Joomlas SEO settings in the Global Config but no success.
Any idea what else could be causing this?
The association works for sure because I you go here
and click the english flag, the english page is displayed...

It's working on my site.
But I have different menus for the different languages (with different modules with these languages).
So may be it would do if you split your hidden menu in en and de.

I created e new hidden menue with an english module and assigned my english registration form to it.
Still it doens't work :-(
Did I miss something?

Did you also create a German hidden menu?
My German registration link is going to /index/de/registrieren
in yours I don't see "de"

I don't know if it's related to your template (I'm using protostar) or related to the "Anmelden"/"Login" aliases which are still in the multilang hidden menu.
Try to move them to the en/de hidden, too and clear Joomla cache.

On my site in both the login module and login form the "Registrieren/Konto erstellen" link is pointing to .../de/... and it's then redirected to .../de/... (resp. fr or en)

Edit: Just found that you are using sh404SEF. Maybe they are handling the redirect stuff differently because all your German menu items are NOT going to .../de/...

Last edited:
I moved the "Anmelden"/"Login"to the according the hidden menus. Still the same prob...
I had sh404SEF running on the old version, too. I actually don't use it for URL rewriting. Disabled it but stillt same prob.
The reason for the German URLs not showing the "de" language code in URL is that I turned this off in System plugin - language filter (Remove URL Language Code). I tried to change that but it doesn't help.
Do you have an idea what could be wrong in the template?

I have set the system plugin to my settings (Remove URL lang code=no, lang=sitelanguage) because including the lang code is essential on my site (the redirecting is like yours always going to the default site language if this is missing).
But as you say, it doesn't work. It's still redirecting to index.php/de/registrieren if you type index.php/registrieren so adding the default language instead of the language the site is "on".

No idea why.

You have still enabled all 404SEF plugins...

This is your Joomla setup (Joomla or SEF or language switcher), not Fabrik.
Try with FAQ:
If your site has selected English and you are typing
...151130/index.php/faq (without language) as URL it's redirecting to 151130/index.php/de/faq

On my site a URL without language is redirected to the actual language the site is set to, so the redirect for the Joomla registration is working.
On your site all is redirected to your German site...

I would again try to disable all 404sef stuff (not System-SEF) and clear Joomla and browser cache
upload_2016-2-1_10-37-39.png

If you can't get it working you may disable "Allow User Registration" in Joomla User Options (so it doesn't show the "Noch kein Konto" link in the login form) and add direct "Registrieren/Register" menu items.

it's been 404SEF in combination with "Remove URL Language Code" of the language filter!!!
That's a little pitty because that used to work in J2.5. But what the heck, it's more important that the registration works correctly!!!
thx so much!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back