Using data from an other form

PascM

Hi,

Is it possible to use data submitted by a user as a custom registration form using an other form component and make it editable (as profile) using fabrik ?

The reason i am asking this is because i have already a form using rsform pro that integrates the registration and all the extra fields i need (using conditions etc) and i want the submitted data to be editable by the corresponding user.

Regards

Manos

You can create a fabrik list and link it to any existing database table.

If this table is used by anybody else (Joomla, any component or other application) make sure to set "Alter existing fields" = No, so fabrik won't change the table's structure.

After saving the list make sure that the list has set the correct primary key element (should be integer/autoincrement).
Maybe the PK element is the reason for your Chat question.

Y
After saving the list make sure that the list has set the correct primary key element (should be integer/autoincrement).
Maybe the PK element is the reason for your Chat question.

Hi, PK element ? I am lost, sorry can you please clarify this ? Which one is the PK element?

If you create a list and let fabrik create the database table then fabrik is creating a primary key element (PK element) automatically, it's the element called "id" (plugin = internalid). You don't have to know about MySQL databases, tables, PKs etc. (but NEVER delete or unpublish those internal id elements)

If you create a list and link it to an existing database table you have to know what you are doing.
In this case you have to tell fabrik which is the PK element of the table you are linking to and you have to define the appropriate element types.

Hi,

Is it possible to use data submitted by a user as a custom registration form using an other form component and make it editable (as profile) using fabrik ?

The reason i am asking this is because i have already a form using rsform pro that integrates the registration and all the extra fields i need (using conditions etc) and i want the submitted data to be editable by the corresponding user.

Regards

Manos
pascM

In rsForms Pro with SQL mappings you can fill your corresponding Fabrik lists.
In 'Manage forms' go to 'Properties and in the left column somewhere down use can click 'Mappings'. You then can build a query that makes it possible to have your rsForms data in Fabrik lists.

menno

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back