using group_concat on fields

pkjoshi

I am really struggling to achieve this.

What I am trying to do is say when I have a list which have elements like member_id, Member_name, Region, Zone, Club, email.
what I want is that I will show only the email element in the list and the email addresses to be shown in comma separated format in a group.

Say I filter Zone- 1 then all email addresses of members in Zone-1 will show in one field separated by commas and if no filter is chosen all email address show in a single block.
How I can achieve this.

This must be having some simple solution, but I am really struggling to achieve this.

I am attaching a image for better expalanation.

Attachments

• email-list.JPG
    email-list.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 220
I can't think of a way of doing this, without building a relatively complex custom list template. There's certainly no way of doing it with the built in filtering and list rendering features, that I know of.

-- hugh

Hugh,
relatively complex custom list template
. That's not a good news for me. I was expecting a simple solution.

Ok only way I think of a solution is creating as many views as much grouping I need and giving a menu link for each list. The image I have attached is also from a mysql view created. But it simply doesn't filter except for the default group-by-field created in mysql view.

for a immediate solution do you think any other better approach I can take.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back