Using NoNumber Sliders to publish a multi-section, multi-session form.

alisamii

I need to publish a form that is quite complex, with over 100 elements.

The form needs to have certain logic that will allow the user to progress to the next section only if the current section is completed.

Also, as the form is quite long, the client wants to provide the user with the ability to save their progress and return to resume completing the form at a later point.

The design of the form calls for sliders or an accordion logic to progress through the form.

The form also has different versions depending on choices made in a previous step.

To keep from repetitive development, I was thinking of developing each part/section of the form as a separate form, and then combining all elements at the end to provide a review/edit facility before submission.

I also was thinking of using something like NoNumber's Sliders to manage the display / layout of each "sub-form", thus combining all the necessary elements into a single Joomla/K2 article for publication.

Is this a viable and manageable solution, or am I overcomplicating things? Also, if this is viable, has anyone already developed something of this scope, and if so, could they provide some insight into any pitfalls that may be ahead for me?

Any and all advice would be welcomed.

PS, Cross-pollinated from the Professional Support forum so that any users who may have knowledge but do not have access to answering on the Professional Support forum can respond as well.

Fabrik (sort of) has this functionality as standard.

1. A multi-page form should not allow the user to move to the next page until the previous page has been filled in correctly (i.e. all fields validating).

2. In the Form settings, on the Form Processing tab there is a dropdown called "Save part-edited records" - and this does what it says on the tin - though in my experience it does have some issues relating to saved data becoming corrupt and form not displaying for a user and also that the session table which stores the partially completed data can grow quite large because there is no time-based expiration and pruning of old unsaved data.

If you decide to use this functionality you might want to ask advice of others who have used it in anger (I only set it on by accident once).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back