Validation Failing, Not Highlighting Failed Element

polarweb

Jeremiah
I am working on some forms here and i am submitting my form, it gives me a validation error message but I have no idea which element is failing validation. I have displayed all hidden fields in a attempt to see if I mistakenly put some sort of validation on them, which I had not.

Cant figure this one out.

I guess I should add a little more information as to whats going on. I have about 6-7 groups of fields. Bootstrap Tabs view.

Account Details (mostly juser stuff, as i am using juser form plugin to create new users)
Contact Information (Internal Use)
Objective
Work History
Education
References
Skills

Originally the site was programmed to use the default joomla registration, but we wanted them to be able to fill out their resume's at registration, hence switching over. the resume worked great until i added the juser stuff, and some new fields.

All i did was add new text area fields, a checkbox and the new updated recaptcha plugin. Ive tried a few things to get it to work, including removing the recaptcha element altogether, making hidden fields visible, each and every time I go to submit form, it says form error message that I have in place but no elements are highlighted as failing. I have also tried doing ajax validation for each element one at a time, still got nothing. All validation pass, until form submit.

Are really all elements displayed? None hidden via access level, via element JS, no hidden group?
No forn php pluging triggering the errpr message?
The elements listing has a column 'Validation' showing the number of validations (and JS) an element has.
If you can't find out you can disable all elements and then enable one by one.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

I have no idea, I looked at everything. I just deleted the list, form, elements, and started it fresh. In the process I learned about repeat groups so its a win win for me. Its working fine now and I have also noticed that hover tooltips aren't appearing anymore on details view, which is another win. Something I did, surely screwed all this up but its better now.

When in doubt, clear it out I guess.

I seem to have the exact same problem. It only happens the moment I join one list to another, if it's not joined, it works fine. So you say you simply deleted everything and started fresh?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back