Various fields in same row ?

XenoMorph

Hello all

I've made some forms with fabrik and I'm quite satisfied with the result.
Recently I came across the need to include several fields in the same row but I can't do it... can Fabrik do this:

formjy4.gif

hi

If each row needs to go into a separate record then fabrik can't do this.

Ok let's go back a minute...

Let's say I want to do a contact form in wich for example, the phone has an area code:

COL1 COL2
ROW1: XXX | XXXXXXX

The record "phone" (row1) has 2 fields, "area code" (COL1), and "number" (COL2). Can this be done? And put the 2 fields on the same row?

hi yes that can be done,

Create a new group, in its css field enter:

.fb_element{
width:49%;
float:left;
}

this will make the groups fields appear two per line.
Save your group.

Edit the group that will appear after this group and add the following into its css field

.fb_group{
clear:left;
}

this will ensure the next group appears on a new line

Move which ever elements you want to be formatted this way into the group
Edit your form and add in the group (found under the "form groups" tab)
Save your form.

For more precise layout you can always create a new form template, from which you can use html to layout your form

Cheers
Rob

Rob, is it possible to link a column 2 value to the input selection of column 1, and if so how?
say I've got 2 elements : first is the unit code (table of alphanumeric values), the second is the unit's title (again another table of values) - they correspond in that they have the same value internal_fabrik_id number.
Can the title table be linked such that depending on the unit code, the corresponding title gets shown in the form field?
any help much appreciated :)

Hi Adolfo

Not without some coding I'm afraid

Hugh has put in place a file called components/com_fabrik/user_ajax_example.php, with a fairly thorough readme about how to use it. Basically it allows you make an ajax call to the server and update your form with the results of some php run inside the script. If you are semi confident with javascript and php its possible, otherwise its going to be hard work

cheers
rob

Back