i write a post here

i do upgrad fabrik with SVN version..
joomla not accesable now..
i hack the Joomla DB via phpmyadmin to deactivate the fabrik
joomla now accessable again
i deinstall fabrik complete
set the legacy mode to try fabrik 1.06
but i cant find the possibility to creat table
(have install all bots and mods and com and plugins)

no answer of my both posts here
very frustrating...

Sorry you've had so many problems.

First off I can save you at least *some* frustration:
Fabrik 1.06 will *NOT* work under Joomla! 1.5. It's flat out incompatible with 1.5 regardless of whether the legacy plugin is active or not, so don't even bother trying to work with Fabrik 1.x if you're on a Joomla 1.5 system. I think that's pretty clearly spelled out in several locations on the site, it's simply a decision they had to make.

Regarding Fabrik 2.x you *are* aware that it's a beta product correct? It's not a stable product, and is not recommended for use on a live server, no yet.

That said, if you want some help getting it to run on your Joomla! 1.5 server I think a few more details on your configuration might be useful:

1. What php and mysql versions are you running?
2. Are you using the FTP Layer or not?
3. Are you having any problems installing other extensions?

Sounds like the version you installed from the SVN wasn't done right?

Anyway, I'm just a Fab fan and fellow community member like yourself, but providing more information might help you achieve a higher chance of getting help.

James and Susan

oh tnx for fast answering okay.
btw im german and my english only base knownledge

php 5.2.5
mysql 4.1
J! 1.5.6 (no ftp active)
i use SFTP to transfer the files (WinSCP)

i have no problems with other extensions
(only one i havent know that isnt native)
i try to allow only native extensions
but for table managment the possibnility for joomla very small offer)
i have test SQL Reports works great but this is only for admin
not for dynamic live content generating

my problem is.. i found no tut or manual
i cant image how fast fabrik can help me
i have look at "table manager" but its commercial.. cant try this
i have look at LQM but this not native

if i find a way to use a stable plugin its no problem for me to support
this development with my time and my small fees

please look at Fabrik 2 beta testing.. there be my 2 other posts
then you understand better my problem

Rob will get round to your questions in the 2.0 Beta forum soon. As per the Announcement post from last week, he has been on vacation for the last week, and although he is back, he's busy playing catchup, and it may take him a day or two to get round to answering all the 2.0 beta posts.

-- hugh

ah okay..
maybe better to stick this announcement to all threads

and exists an manual or tut or a first step doc?

suggest:
joomla is a CMS that have concentrate usage in germany
(mean is very popular in germany)
maybe its good to offer a german thread to boost the community support
(in my forum i support 7 languages... engl, german, espaniol is most used)
that community can make translates for rob...

tnx for info..

That's not a bad idea.

One of the biggest problems I have with support is the language barrier. The subject matter is typically complex, and it's hard enough to get concepts, ideas, problems etc across even when both people speak English as a first language!

I'm just not sure our userbase is "community oriented" enough. People only tend to hang out when they have problems, and simply want answers to their questions. I'm not sure enough people would have the time / enthusiasm to help out translating other peoples support threads.

-- hugh

That's not a bad idea.

One of the biggest problems I have with support is the language barrier.

Ich kann die Fragen von Deutsch zu Englischem ?bersetzen. Meine Frau ist auch Deutsch, aber ich kann nicht sehr gut hoche Deutsch sprechen... :)

Have been off the list for a bit, just wondering if the google translation tools could be used to help in the discussion. For instance if I am responding to some one who's native language is German, I would type my response in English, but then use google to translate to German and post the translated text in the message also. I am not fluent enough in another language to be able to test how accurate the translation is with google.

I do indeed use Google translations. I have Ubiquity in FireFox, which lets me run a variety of command line applets. One of which lets me select a chunk of text, hit ctrl-space (to bring up the Ubiquity command line), type "translate this", and it translates it in-place in the browser.

The problem is that although Google's translation of "normal" conversations is great, when you start getting technical, trying to describe tough technical issues ... things don't go so well! More often than not I'll just get a damn good laugh out of the weird translations it comes up with ... but no real help with understanding what someone wants!

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back