Where is the new jdate plugin?

BasilC

I've updated Fabrik on my development site from 3.9 to 3.9.2 but can see no sign of a new jdate plugin. I only have the date plugin.

It's not discoverable, it's not in the fabrik elements directory, and there's no mention of it on the Fabrik wiki, so I'm puzzled.

What are the differences between jdate and date plugins anyway?

Just looked on github and I see jdate is there. Do I need to install it separately? Do I need it anyway if I'm happy with the existing date plugin?

Remember: You can only use all jdate or all date elements on a form, do not mix the two, you will have an error.

If you were using the element before, it will be published and will simply update with this release.

If you weren't using the jdate element before, it will be installed with this release. You will need to publish it in plugins section in the backend of Joomla.

Do I need it anyway if I'm happy with the existing date plugin?
You don't need it (at the moment, but date going to be deprecated because of??).
Make sure to select the "Default(old date)" content type when creating a list.

Last edited:
Thanks, but it isn't in the backend or in /plugins/fabrik_element either, so for some reason it wasn't included in the update. I can download it separately and install it.

Ah yes, sure.
It's in the 3.9.2 package (so included in a new install or re-install) but it will be not installed automatically via J! update (because there's no old version to update).

Re-installing the package won't hurt but it should be enough to install just the plugin.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back