where should the 'not empty' validation error be displayed?

hmm, i've been testing with a menu link directly to the form testing 'default' and 'default_rounded' templates. i am getting inconsistent results, sometimes it is validated and sometimes it is not, also noted the required field is showing the tooltip 'Tests if not'. it is late now, so will probably resume troubleshooting this tomorrow. thanks for your ideas.

is this not the same issue as the bug where if you didn't give the validation an error message then the validation would appear to work?
If so I thought I had fixed that at the end of last week

hi rob,

no, this is now specifically about the 'isnot' validation on a dropdown element with the 'select' value as 0 or 1.

isnot 0 or isnot 1 is not validating the element.

i click next and all the other fields are validated (ie they show the prompt that the field is not filled in) but the dropdown is not validated and you can click 'next' and move to the next page.

ok this was in fact an bug in the form.js code when handling ajax validations on dropdown, issue should be resovled @ github

hello,

have just applied all my validations to a multi page form and its looking awesome. i have applied validations to:
  • dropdowns - with isnot validation (isnot 0)
  • multiselect dropdowns - with notempty validation
  • birthday element - with notempty validation
  • email - with isemail validation
  • fields and textareas - with notempty validation
plus i've anabled ajax validation on the forms and it is looking awesome!

the scenario is now that i get to the last page which has a multiselect dropdown and a dropdown and, because it is the last page, the 'Submit' button is showing, so the user can click the 'Submit' button which causes the page to reload (the form is in a pop up modal window) and the user would not know that the form has not been submitted as these two last fields do have validations on them.

so is it possible to keep the 'Submit' button greyed out until all fields have been given a value ie all fields have had data entered into them or have had a value selected for them?

perhaps just enable ajax validations on the form? that way the form will validate (i think) on the page, before the submit action occurs.

hi rob,

thanks for your reply.

yes unfortunately i tried that ie there is ajax validation on the form but i think because the form is in a pop up modal window the page still reloads when clicking 'Submit' and therefore the modal window closes without any message referring to validation.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back