Why does it display item ID rather than text in joined element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzlee

I've searched through the forums for several hours now but can't seem to find an answer to my problem. You helped me before to embed video in my page, so hopefully you can help me with this. Here is my system configuration:

Version information:
I am using Fabrik 1.0.4 (just downloaded it last week)
PHP version 4.4.7
MySQL version 5.0.27-standard-log
Server: Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)
Joomla version 1.0.13
The Web site I'm building: http://www.natpemarketplace.com

My issue:
If you go to the detailed view of a program while logged out, it displays in a form that I created a custom template for. Here is a sample page: http://natpemarketplace.com/index.p...rowid=1&_cursor=0&_total=2&tableid=10&rowid=2

The problem I'm having is the Company, Program Type and Genre fields are all displaying the ID number for the chosen element rather than the text. These three fields are all database joins where I joined using the internal ID then selected the field that I want to join to. I did the same thing on the Country table, and it is working correctly by displaying the country name, not the ID for that country.

I have been over and over my code, and the database joins, and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I am attaching a zip of the template I created so you can see what I have done. If you want admin login access to figure it out, I can give you that as well.

Thanks so much for the help!!
Take care,
Bonnie

P.S. The video configuration is not complete in this file. I'm working on embedding a generic video player, so I know that it's currently pointing to a specific video, not a database field with a link to the video.

Attachments

• myForm.zip
    5 KB · Views: 183
hi Bonnie

I think this bug was fixed in the SVN last week. Could you try getting the files from the SVN (details of how to do so are in my sig) and uploading them to your site to see if that fixes the problem

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info. I did what you said and downloaded the files via SVN and uploaded them to my server to update everything. But the problem still exists. It actually created another issue where it's putting a URL for my thumbnail at the top of the page. Have not idea why...

I tried creating new fields with database joins, but that doesn't seem to work either. I'm still getting the ID instead of the text.

I could created a field that is a drop-down, but then I have to redo all my side menus. Can I do a link to a specific set of items based on filtering on a drop-down? This is just a prototype, not a live site, so it's okay if I use a workaround for now. I just need to get it done.

Thanks for your help!
Take care,
Bonnie

Hi Bonny

can you pm me a login to your site, so I can see whats going on please

Cheers
Rob

I'm telling ya, it's Fabrik starting to become sentient. And like all sentient beings, it gets contrary sometimes.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back